Thursday, October 11, 2007

3 Months Old!

Nicole is 3 months old today! I weighed her this morning and she’s almost 15lbs which means she's gaining about 2 pounds per month. She laughed for the first time on Tuesday night – she’d giggled before but this was her first full-out laugh. See the video below!


She remains to be a really good baby- she loves getting baths, being cuddled, sleeping in bed with her mom and dad (bad bad habit that we’re ending this week hopefully now that her nursery is getting set up), and is starting to reach for interesting objects (ie her Molly doll), especially ones that make sounds. When she gets “talking” she is a chatterbox! She still loathes being on her stomach but has learned to turn on her side which is how she perfers to sleep as well. In the last week she's gone down for naps on her own which is fantastic! Now if she'd only drop that 4:00am feeding...

Sometimes it’s still surreal that we have a baby. Especially with moving it’s been very busy and taking time out to enjoy the moments is something I have to pay attention to accomplish. She’s changed so much in 13 weeks- I attached some side-by-side comparison pictures for reference. The one on the left was taken 7-16-07 when she was 5 days old. The one on the right was from last Wednesday, October 3.


12 comments:

Laura said...

OMG...That is too cute for words!

Anonymous said...

I will have to make sure I send this home so Ry can see it. He is completely enamored with Nicky. He asks about "baby Nicky" all the time. Isn't it amazing what will make them laugh?? Hugs to everyone!

Jam

Finlands finest said...

She is soo cute. I love her laugh. I thought it was amusing that she would laugh because she knew what was coming.

BTW--the towel pic is adorable!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Wow. I can totally see you now in her and those cheeks!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS, PRECIOUS.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I had to add another message. I let Ry watch and he laughed hysterically every time Nicky laughed. He thinks she is very cute!

Hugs,
Jam and Ry

LisaMarie said...

I read all three of these entries. They were all great! :) I loved the truck honking one. I think I've actually been honked at by them before but always took it for me doing something wrong...maybe I wasn't! LOL!

Viki said...

I tried to watch the video at work yesterday, but it wouldn't let me...I love it! Too cute! I love the picture in her little pink robe, too. :-)

Katrin said...

This is so cute! Even Martin cooed over her and said she looks adorable. I will have to remember this when I get another low-spirit time during my writing sessions, it'll make me happy again. :)

TreyJ said...

She is adorable!

Sarah said...

I LOVE it! She is adorable! I can't wait to squash her!

Martha said...

awww. how adorable! I love the second picture. :)

Do you know how scarey it is to have a dream (nightmare?!?) that I'm pregnant? OI! Fortunately it's not true (maybe I should pee on that stick just to be sure. HA), but was slightly weirded out when I woke up this morning.