Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Reporting Backward

  • Chris is tentatively scheduled to arrive 2 weeks from today. I feel great physically 95% of the time. Some of my Braxton Hicks contractions have gotten a step above “uncomfortable” but just keep me on my toes watching for more labor signs versus leading to a change in my routines. Getting in and out of bed is a pain though…..
  • While Jim subbed in a softball game, Nicole and I went shopping. We bought Chris’s baby book, milestone calendar, some new bath toys, and Holly’s wedding present. On our way home we stopped at Mom’s house to drop off some material and she surprised me with a gift for Chris – a baby blanket that my Great Grandma Catherine crocheted for me when I was born. Awwww! His first heirloom!

Jim and I filled in the “about Mommy” and “about Daddy” pages in the book last night. It made me happy and excited to do so and I was glad Jim took the time to fill in his own pages versus me doing it for him. Since seeing Grandma Wanda’s handwriting on a recipe she wrote out 25 years ago I like the notion of having hand-written things from people to show off later.

  • Jim worked in the yard with Jason for HOURS on Sunday cutting and transplanting sod from the deck area to the back lot. He got all burned and achy and grumpy but did a terrific job. The builders start on Monday!
  • I got some new cool friends on Facebook recently – surprise! There are still people recently joining Facebook – an ex-boyfriend, a college buddy, and an adult friend.
  • Nicole’s been in her big girl room every night all week. I think the transition is now official. Jim is going to reset the crib to it’s baby position and I'm going to start redecorating the nursery this weekend. Other goal- Nicole’s curtains which I could do in the evenings if I wasn’t so freakin’ sucked into Twilight. I'm going to have to refrain from borrowing Caitlin’s third book in the series until I make some decorating progress otherwise nothing but reading will get done.

4 comments:

LisaMarie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE those books!

Can't wait to see how you change the nursery! Could you maybe have that done by Friday?? Hahaha.

I've been bad about Max's baby book lately. I need to get that out and look at it. I feel like he hasn't done anything lately! I wrote on the calendar when he rolled over for the first time, and when he had his first baby cereal. But other than that, he's boring. :P When he can sit up, that's another milestone. Am I missing anything? I think he's getting teeth. I better make sure to note when those come in.

Two weeks til Chris! So exciting! Can't wait to come down and meet him and let Max meet his future Flyer best friend. :P

Finlands finest said...

I love those books too!

I smiled when I read how excited you were to fill in the pages to Chris's book. I like how excited you are about being a parent!

Martha said...

Wow, two weeks, huh? That's awesome. :) That'll go by fast! I can't wait to see pictures and here how that transition for Nic goes.

On the Facebook thing - I've been deleting "friends". I figure if I haven't spoken to them in years, why do I have them on there? Some people I think requested "friending", and then never said anything. Weird. Anyway, I deleted like 17 people last week! I'm pretty certain a couple people have figured it out, though. Oh well.

Sarah said...

I am with you on the notion of having hand-written things. I have held on to several cards from my grandparents because they have their handwriting on them.