Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby Report

I'm going to be induced tomorrow at 9am! Caitlin will be my nurse so I'm sure I'll be in the most attentive care ever (more drugs, more drugs!! j/k).

As of this morning I'm 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Though I'll be given pitocin (sp?) to kick things off, Dr. Fennimore doesn't suspect that the potential c-section risk that's carried with inducing will affect me because of how far I am already.

How I'm feeling - excited. The fact that I'll be in pain hasn't even registered yet and I doubt it fully will since I know that's an unavoidable part of the process. I'm VERY excited to see him and predict he'll be 8lbs. 7oz with lots of blonde hair. If I was in a baby pool I'd call 5:03pm.

What does lead me to sigh a bit is the nursing process starting all over. Not that it's hard but it can be very time consuming and requires some preparation in regard to timing and location (ie coordinating when to run errands). Granted I know in general what to expect but he could be different from Nicole. Further, pumping is a complete DRAG and I don't look forward to that portion of the process at all. Base goal will be at least 6 months with a 1 year stretch goal. (OH MY GOD I'M TALKING LIKE A P&Ger!)

Nicole's headed to spend the night at Grandma's - first night she'll be away from us by choice (aka we weren't out of town) but I'm happy to have the 1-on-1 time with Jim and the opportunity to rest up for a full day.

News to follow via email probably some time tomorrow afternoon!

6 comments:

Martha said...

I'll be thinking of you, and I can't wait for the update that everyone is good! And I look forward to Nic's actions over the next few days. :)

LisaMarie said...

So exciting! Even though I knew it as going to happen tomorrow, my stomach jumped a little bit in that excited way to read he's on his way! Max can't wait to meet him!

I totally get the nursing thing (as we've talked about numerous times before) and applaud your efforts. :) I actually bought you something breast related for after Chris's birth. :)

Please text me or call me later to let me know when you'd like visitors. i.e. not til Wednesday, not til you get home, etc.

Good luck! And just know, if it comes to a c-section at least you know people who will understand how you feel. :) AND then you'd get to say you were an expert at both ways to have a baby.

Laura said...

How exciting! We'll be thinking of you guys!

Finlands finest said...

My money is on 4:30. :) Good luck! I will be thinking of you!

Dale said...

What? A baby pool? Who would be so insensitive to trivialize the birth of your child with the opportunity to win money?

Viki said...

This will be posted later, after Karen returns, but I'm betting on about 7:30pm...right now it's only 8:40 in the morning, so I feel like I can still get in on it. :-)