Friday, June 12, 2009

Hello, again

I feel like the prodigal daughter returning home… I walked into my office for the first time in 5 days. I’ve been on-site at a client’s doing project management for their new phone system implementation. This is the part of my role that I was most interested in when I petitioned for the job change and it makes me happy t hat I know myself – as much time, and stress, and organization that this project required- I loved it. I like being busy and putting out fires and schmoozing with the corporate folks who are always interested in knowing where their money is being spent. My co-manager is overly complimentary and makes me feel capable and appreciated – two things that mean more to me than money. Though Jim’s annoyed with the late night phone calls at least I'm home getting them and not still on-site like the techs who are calling me are.

And I have 3 NEW projects to go between July and August, some I won’t get to fully do as I’ll be on maternity leave but since I like doing it so much AND I'm getting paid my normal salary during 6 weeks, I don’t even mind working during my absence (which is part of the plan). Further, coming back to the office with lots of things to do will keep my mind off leaving Christopher, at least that’s what made the Nicole transition easier.

Nicole said “welcome” in response to my thanking her on Tuesday – made me smile.

Since Sarah came last night Nicole has been all about her. It’s Sarah this and Sarah that and poor Sarah got hugged and jumped on before bed. She’s been too excited about our guest and I think she might boil over when Baby Max shows up tonight.

I'm really excited about our girls night dinner tonight. It’s at Maggianos which I think is really good food, and the company includes 3 of my most favorite people in the world, 2 of which I haven’t gotten to see in months.

All the work at the clients has me 2cm dilated and my feet puffy like water balloons. Overall I feel great though! Not that I want to be pregnant forever but I could make it another 2 months if I absolutely had to (as long as that two months didn’t bring on more water retention….).

2 comments:

Martha said...

I really like reading how much you are passionate and truly enjoy what you do.
I think many people settle for what they do, it's "work". But like you and I (and others!) know: it can really be enjoyable!! :)

But with that, don't work too hard and wear yourself out!

When I was little, I was totally like Nicole. I looooved company. Well, certain company, at least. Other company I was shy around, but for some I was soooo impatient waiting for them to arrive, and then bouncing with excitement and climbing all over them once they finally did arrive.

Finlands finest said...

I bet Sarah is loving the excitment from Nicole. I hope all of you ladies have fun catching up!