Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chris Update (sorry Martha!)

I’m here – back on the crazy work schedule. I jam-packed so much into this week work-wise that I’m really tired when I get home. But, I like being busy in general and I like what I’m doing (and the promise of a “break” ahead!).

I went to the doctor yesterday and decided that Tuesday the 23rd will be the big day. I have an appointment at 9am on Monday with the doctor who’ll conduct the labor process and we’ll schedule the time then. I’m voting for 8am on Tuesday morning so, in line with Caitlin’s great suggestion, I get a full night’s sleep before.

With Nicole I went in at 8pm, had my water broken at 10 and was up all night in labor to have a 7:05 birth. Made for being awake 45 out of 48 hours when you add visitors and the excitement of a new baby to the mix. Not something I care to repeat…

What was disappointing was that as big and “ready” as I feel I had made no physical progress in a week – still 2cm and 60% dilated.

We washed all of Chris’s clothes last night in Tide Free (of course!) and I put them all away in his closet and drawers today arranged by color. Fortunately for us we borrowed a lot of clothes from Jim’s cousin so we’re sitting pretty in the 0-3 month department. I picked out his outfits for his hospital stay and packed them into my suitcase.

Jim’s at his softball game or I’d be at mom’s working on embellishing the bumper pads. I have about an hour invested in them so far and I suspect I have roughly 4 more before I’ll be satisfied.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

This is great news~! Did you want me to come over and clean the carpet like Jim asked?

Martha said...

Wow...the bags packed any everything. Baby's clothes washed and put away. That's so exciting!
And working on bumper pads - wow, due in less than a week and you still have so much energy to be productive!

Sarah said...

I'm glad for Martha's comment on your last post, because I was thinking the same thing right before I read it!

Glad to hear you are making progress on getting Chris's room ready, make sure you post pictures of the finished product!

Finlands finest said...

Well the 23rd will be a big day. Hopefully Chris will come quicker than Nic did!

Viki said...

Chris' birthday will be one week after Logan's. :-)