Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend of 3/12/10

  • DVRed and watched "Parenthood" - good show. Good acting. Will be watching in the future. It makes me want to have four kids so they can grow up and be friends like the characters are....
  • Went to the aquarium yesterday with the kids and mom - fun times! Nicole slept for 4.5 hours straight upon returning home; Chris slept 4.
  • We upped Chris to the full-size car seat yesterday because he'd outgrown the pumpkin seat. He looks so cute in his new seat. I'm not even sad that he's outgrown the baby seat. :) Points for the mom with emotions in check!
  • Met Karen C.'s new beau on Friday. REALLY liked him. Even more, I liked how much he obviously likes her.
  • Greg and Jenna told us about the very conservative priest they met with at the church they wanted to be married at. I'm STILL shaking my head at the interaction and I didn't even experience it first-hand. I FULLY understand and respect why the church is clinging tight to the morals they value. I DO NOT understand why ANYONE needs to be rude in expressing their opinion.
  • Nicole and I taught Chris to shake his head "no" while Jim was judging the science fair on Saturday morning. He's so funny when he does it and I think he makes himself a bit dizzy because he shakes so quickly. This means in the last three weeks he's learned to wave, give 5 and shake his head. No crawling yet though...
  • I was in baby food making mode this weekend too - carrots, sweet potatoes, mango, tomato, banana, avocado, black beans, peas and a new one for me - spinach. Pureed spinach looks DISGUSTING- it's green/almost black in color which is just totally weird to see as baby food. It's so healthy though.... Anyway, I tried it out on him yesterday for dinner and ... HE LIKES IT!
  • Nicole is wearing overalls today. I just love overalls on kids.

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Chris sure is eating healthy!!!

I think we need video of Chris, waving, high fiving, and shaking his head no. :)

I totally want to hear what the church said to Jenna and Greg!!!!

Anonymous said...

Are they getting married in the Catholic Church? They should have fun if they do an EE weekend....

Pureed spinach was almost black? How did you prepare it to get to that? Spinach is commonly added to other "green" purees to keep them a brighter green. Did you add acid? Although that doesn't really blacken it, though it does darken it some. Hmm.
-Martha