Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Friday

Tubes went well yesterday. We had to be at the hospital at 6:15am but Children's is like the pinnacle of efficiency so we never had any down-time to read the books or watch videos on the laptop we lugged there and back. Both kids woke up grumpy from anesthesia, slept for 2+ hours once they got home, but were back to their normal selves by the afternoon. They both DETEST the ear drops we have to put in 3X/day (doctor told us they would sting). This means that we're dispensing doses of medicine 14 times a day to one kid or another for one ailment or another.

Jim and I are watching LIFE on Discovery - fantastic!

I watched Hoarding: Buried Alive on TLC and one part of it almost made me gag. I'm not sure why watching other people's mental ailments intrigues me so..... I get wrapped up in Intervention too.

Jazzercise is sometimes killing me - I try to really push it and not slack so I'm a sweaty mess at the end of it. There are these ab things we have to do with leg bounces and then bicycles. OMG. I'll be sad when my Groupon ends mid-April but it's too expensive to keep up for just 1/week.

Nicole's big thing when she's upset is to tell me "that doesn't make me happy". It's funny to hear because she sounds all pathetic when she says it so I try really hard to not smile while she's clearly "traumatized" over my clothing suggestion, ear drop requirement, or turning off of Dora.

6 comments:

Jam said...

I am glad the kiddos are doing well today. We have seen a lot of that third floor waiting room at Children's, fortunately, the entire staff is fantastic!!! One day I will tell you how I know that. :)

Keep up the jazzercise - it is doing good things to your butt and abs. :) I say that only because you haven't seen me in awhile....

Love and Hugs from all of us, We are thinking of you!

Jam

Laura said...

So glad the surgeries went well. Hopefully a little pain now will save a lot of ear infection pain in the future.

I really want to watch Life, but it doesn't come on until after our bedtime here. And since we don't have cable, I miss TLC shows :(

Finlands finest said...

I think it would be hard not to smile when Nicole says "That doesn't make me happy." It is sooo cute!! :)

Jenna said...

Horders actually featured a woman from my hometown. Gross.

Mamma Sarah said...

Glad to hear things went well with the kids.

Ms. Sarah said...

I agree that LIFE on Discovery is fantastic. It sucks me in and keeps me up way later than I should be!

I'm also fascinated and intrigued by peoples' mental ailments.