Thursday, March 11, 2010

Geez, people

I got up at 11pm last night to throw up. It was pretty random, painfully acidic, and after another half hour of generic nauseousness, totally over. In fact, if my throat wasn't' burning this morning as a result I'd wonder if I dreamed the whole thing.

EVERY man I've mentioned this to has the same conclusion: "maybe you're pregnant". The women don't say this. They ask if I feel okay today. All the guys though say that and then just stare at me with this coy smile.

For the record, I'm not pregnant.

6 comments:

David Polley said...

Things that make you go Hmmmmm...!

Finlands finest said...

Most stomach issues are a result of something you ate...did you eat anything odd yesterday??

Dale said...

Are you pregnant?

Katharine said...

Pregnancy nausea is more a morning thing...since it has to do more with not eating overnight (or longer periods of time). Women seem to understand this. Men apparently hear vomiting woman and jump to conclusions.

Mamma Sarah said...

Have to totally ARGUE to with Katharine on this... is is most definitely NOT a morning thing... this is coming from a person who had it with Alex at night, with Kenzie in the mornings and for a while all day, and well... currently all day. :-)

Asking if you were pregnant was the first thought in my head... lol! But then thought 11pm... hmmm.

LisaMarie said...

My first thought was....how much did you drink last night? LOL! J/K! And have to agree with Sarah, I had all day nausea, not just in the morning.

Hope you're feeling better!