Friday, April 03, 2009

Life Documented 4-3-09

Went to my routine OB appointment this morning and told them about the pressure. They did a Fetal Fibronectin test on me which will determine if I'm at risk for pre-term labor. He wasn’t too concerned after the initial pelvic exam but this test will tell for sure what’s going on and if I need any lifestyle changes (bedrest would be the most extreme solution). I'm not really worried about this but eager to hear the results either this afternoon or, more likely, Monday.

I also failed my Glucose test which is not surprising because 1) I failed the first one with Nicole too and 2) sweets are a daily indulgence for me in one capacity or another. So, I have a 3-hour test for diabetes on 4-11 at the hospital starting at 7:30am. Boo!

Allergies are getting better but my ears get clogged up and require popping several times a day. Its amazing how much comes out of my nose still when I blow 2/hour.

Jim is 95% done with the deck planning stage and is prepared to submit his plans to the county next week!

Nicole’s night stand and dresser are assembled. Perhaps tonight we’ll work on her bed and have the room, furniture-wise, mostly ready. My grandfather is sanding and painting a bookcase for me and that will be the last component. I found coloring pages on the internet that I'm going to use as templates for the walls in her room (curious george). I'm going to borrow the projector from work and shine the images on the wall. Only work-around needed is that the pictures are from the current Curious George and I like the image of the classic George better. Will require some tweaking when it comes time to paint. Fear not – I’ll take pictures!

Hosting Easter this year 2X for both sides of our family. Previous conversations regarding hams that we had with Kendall are floating in my head….

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

The pregnancy seems to be going ok, so I am thinking the doc's aren't too worried. Right?!?! Chris may just be laying in there funny. :)

Everything else seems positive. The furniture and the deck are coming along. :)

Jenna said...

I'm here to help and worried!

xoxo

Viki said...

I, too, hope that everything's ok - everything's Ok most of the time anyway, right?

So, did we start a monster with the Curious George books?