Monday, April 06, 2009

Weekend of 4/3/09

Saturday morning we woke up early and prepared for Nicole’s second Easter Egg Hunt (this one at our church, last year we went to Mason with Meghan and Tom). We got there a little early and discovered that fashionably late would have probably been better as 1-2 year olds (Ryann came too) aren’t interested in too many activities like the Easter Bunny, face-painting or extensive coloring that would have filled the time. Oh well. They had a nice spread for breakfast and when the big moment came for Nic and Ry’s age group to be released to get the eggs… both girls headed straight for the slides and ignored all the plastic shells all over the ground. With a bit of coaxing I guided them back to the task at hand and they started filling their baskets.

Following the hunt we went to the grand opening of the neighborhood UDF where they were having 49 cent ice cream cones and hot dogs, 25 cent soft serve and fountain drinks, $1 gallons of milk, and 3/$1 Krispy Kreme donuts. You know your life is exciting when I'm reporting on our attendance of a convenience store’s opening.

That night we went to Rob and Shirley’s for about 2 hours to socialize and headed home to finish assembling Nicole’s furniture. We didn’t put the box springs in so the bed was low enough for her to get into without a step-stool but it wasn’t all that stable for an adult’s weight (just fine for her) with just the mattress in there… we need to get some cross-beams for extra support.

On Sunday morning I presented Nicole with her new room and she was SO excited. She immediately got on the bed and climbed all around, put her head on the pillow, etc. Mom suggested that we let her start napping there on the weekends to get used to it… that would kill my painting time but it’s probably not a bad idea….

I also went to the Aronoff to see Cirque Dreams: A Jungle Fantasy which was tremendous.

Bowling went perfectly with us winning 4/4 games and my bowling a 123, 151, 167 (average = 127) which made me quite pleased. Next week is the big tournament!

6 comments:

Finlands finest said...

You were amazing yesterday in bowling!! I'm going to have to work hard to keep up with you!!!

Letting Nic nap in her new bed is a good idea. Your mom is brilliant!

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

LisaMarie said...

That's the Cirque we saw in Vegas and LOVED it. :)

Sounds like Nicole will like her new room...until you put Christopher in her old one. hahaha.

If it makes you feel better, I was excited while reading your UDF trip, and thinking to myself, "I wish we had a UDF opening near us with those kind of prices!" :)

Martha said...

Whoa, UDF - dude, that place even made it in my dreams recently! Their strawberry milkshake is my favorite of any place!!

Bowling - Alvin could join your team! He bowled around your scres. Me, however? I should join your opposing teams...

I can't wait to see pictures of Nicole's finished room!

Viki said...

Glad Nic liked her new room. Once you do put in a box spring, the bed will support an adult's weight just fine.

UDF opening is exciting when you can get ice cream cones for 49 cents!

Mamma Sarah said...

Sounds like a fun exciting weekend. Especially the part about 49 cent cones! :-) I love me some UDF!

Hooray for Nic loving her new room! That's fantastic!