Thursday, April 23, 2009

(Wo)Man with a Plan

Things have been very stressful for me personally (though thankfully not professionally) lately in regard to Chris and Nicole’s daycare. Our primary sitter is still in the hospital with no ETA of recovery which leaves her two daughters to watch the kids during the day. We’ve been evaluating our short and long term options as a result which has worn me out emotionally to the point that I might be getting sick and have lost weight.

Last night, after watching Seven Pounds, Jim and I were up until almost midnight working out contingency plans and the like. I think we might have a Plan A and a Plan B that we agree upon and can move forward with. At this point, Plan A involves Nicole being at home with me through the duration of my maternity leave- something that we weren’t going to do when things were normal so that she could maintain her schedule/friends and I could devote the time and attention I need to Christopher.

Being a full-time mom was never the plan for our family but it’ll be nice to have both kids at home and the opportunity to do the stuff locally that I read about that other stay-at-home moms do like visit the local parks, library time, petting zoo, water park, etc. It’s only 7 weeks but hopefully a quality 7 weeks for all involved.

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm sure the decision has had you up late many times, but I bet Nicole will really like being home with you and the baby.

Dale said...

Karen? Stay at home mom? :)

Finlands finest said...

I hope everything works out the best way for everyone involved. *hugs*

Jessica said...

Ugh, right there with you girl! Marsha is coming home tommorow so that is good news for her. I think she will recover a lot faster being more comfortable at home than stuck in the hosp. Now if only she can get and stay healthy. I have come up with a plan B too. My mom has agreed to quit 1 oh her jobs to watch my kids if needed and I would have to pay her what she would have been making at the job she left. Hopefully if it comes to this it would not be until AFTER the twins are born. 6-7months and counting!

I suggested she watch your kids too ;) but not sure how that would work having 3 infants and she can only watch them 4 days a week since she will still be working for Hospice too.

Jam said...

Having just done the great day care search for Ry (again), I know how stressful it is. All I can say, is be happy with the curriculum, the facility, and meet and great some of the teachers. Additionally, make sure you clearly outline your expectations to all those involved in your childs care. I can give you some info on places we checked out on our side of town. We ended up at Primrose (left Kids R Kids), the closest one to you guys is in West Chester. Hugs to you all.....