Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spicy

I'm not into bland food. Salt at a minimum is a must on many dishes including mashed potatoes, turkey, beef, etc. Though I cook frequently I don’t use fresh herbs very often as the dried ones are more convenient from a shelf-life standpoint. However, almost everything I cook gets spiced in one way or another.

Turns out that Nicole has the same opinion. Though I won't salt her food, she sees me salt mine and asks for some routinely (I just shake the upright container over her food and she’s none-the-wiser).

Being a P&G family we of course eat Pringles and most recently tried these jalapeno ones which Nicole and Jim devoured. Jalalpeno, while flavorful for sure, is a bit beyond me, but the two of them were quite happy with them. Next on the Pringles docket – Buffalo Wing.

One other side note – Nic ate “big girl cereal” (Cheerios in a bowl with milk) for the first time today and was quite proud of herself. Her spoon skills have developed enough that about 70% of the cereal was scooped with a utensil and only 30% was picked up with her hands.

4 comments:

Viki said...

Wow - Nic's got some strong taste buds on her if she can handle Jalapeno chips!

Finlands finest said...

I would love to use fresh herbs, but for me, I have to use something with a longer shelf life too. I only cook about 2 times a week at my condo.

Nicole is better than I, I do not like jalapeno chips. I think it is cute she's excited to eat big girl cereal!!

Jenna said...

I've partially started a fresh herb indoor garden, I'll certainly share some of the fruits of my labor this summer!

Mamma Sarah said...

Wow what a connoisseur she is. Hooray for big girl cereal!