Friday, April 10, 2009

What's happening

Things on our end are staying consistently busy but a comfortable busy rather than frantic busy.

Nicole- is saying a lot more words lately and I’ve noticed that most of the new ones over the last month have been verbs – “come here”, “see”, “look”, “sit”, “wake up”, etc. Of course she has no idea what Easter is but I'm pumping up the fact that she has a bunny dress for Easter, a fancy Easter hat, and we’re having an Easter party.

Chris- the fibernectrin test came back negative which I expected but was happy to officially hear. This means I have less than a 1% chance of having pre-term labor. The pressure has subsided a bit but not gone away. I take the 3 hour glucose test tomorrow and I'm prepping for passing this one by not eating any sweets yesterday and today and drinking lots of water.

Work is really busy right now but it makes the time go faster. I’ve not gotten to see Nicole for lunch but one day this week which makes me sad but more appreciative of our evenings. Bosses are happy with the job I'm doing and it’s nice to be appreciated.

Jim’s been extra sweet lately and I don’t think he even did anything wrong. *grin* he brought me flowers last week, restocked my cotton facial pads, and has been a great guy in general. Getting married to him specifically remains the best decision I ever made.

I heard a quote I liked this morning – “In the world there are givers and there are takers. The takers eat well but the givers sleep well.”

I don't like that Jenna & Martha's blogs are private because it's therefore at the end of my blogroll and I consistantly forget to check it. This is especially frustrating because Jenna writes often and I like like both of their writing styles so when I do remember to go look I normally have like 3 each to catch up on.

Hi Chuck & Kristi – I randomly thought of you today. Miss you both and hope you’re doing well.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm sorry Karen!! I think yo remember why it's private though, right? If not, I boasted and bragged about the perfectly thoughtful gift I bought my boss for boss' day and got one and only comment "Fucking Suck Up". And in an office where people don't think I deserve the success I have... They terrorize me.

Maybe I can send you my blog when I blog? I think there is a way to directly post it to email addresses in addition to posting it to Blogger.com?

BTW - I miss you, we've not spent much time together lately and I feel like this is mostly my fault. I still feel bad about cookie night, but can we reschedule for something equally fun? I wouldn't reccommend this weekend (for obvious reasons - Dad's birthday) but how about Monday/Tuesday night?

XOXO Sis-in-law-to-be (cross your fingers... ;)) Ah hell I've already asked you... :)

Viki said...

Glad you & Chris are doing well. Have a candy bar or some ice cream after your glucose test.

Hooray for thoughtful husbands - last night mine made dinner so I could take a nap. :-)

Unknown said...

karen, we miss you 2, er 3, er soon to be 4 also. we also miss your folks and awesome grandfather. please say hello to everybody for us. it's amazing out here in scottsdale. let us know when you are ready to visit the valley of the sun! keep up the great blogs. we love reading them.

Finlands finest said...

Karen, you make me smile!

I like the quote too!

Jim was the best decision you ever made, after being friends with me ;)