Monday, April 20, 2009

Weekend of 4/17/09

Saturday I graded papers for 2 hours but didn’t get done with them all. Ugh. Reading the same answers over and over gets bor-ing and I ache for that one shining light of brilliance.

Lisa, Kendall and Max came over for dinner and games on Saturday night. Our first half of the visit was very kid-centric. Max’s tummy was upset, Nicole was super-excited and loud, dinner was cooking, and we were chatting- lots of activity in general going on. What I really liked about this portion of the get-together was that I don’t feel like I have to entertain them – if they want a drink they get it. If our kids are good or bad we mutually understand. I don’t have to impress them at all which makes things so much more relaxed, at least for me. After both kids fell asleep (a little earlier and later than normal for Max and Nicole respectively) we settled in for some Italian cake and Yahtzee / Scrabble Slam. Having adult conversation and competition was just as much fun. I like my friends.

Sunday was our big bowling tournament and lead to MANY hours spent at the alley. The tournament was scored on points under/over average cumulatively for a team. We bowled all three games with a nice other team who’s league is on Saturday nights (ironically their parents bowl in our league) and ended up tying with 54 pins over average which tied us for 4/5th overall. We got about $31/ea as a result! With only an hour break in between the tournament and regular league play we were all pretty worn out by the time it was over. Our team ended up in 5th place overall in the league and Dave got a pin for bowling a 600 series. We’ll be back again to improve in August!

Though my reflection doesn’t show the most attractive figure of my lifetime, I seem to frequently surprise people that I'm 7 months pregnant (I look smaller than that apparently). As of yesterday I'm officially 75% done with the process and though I’ve gained more weight than I did with Nicole overall, it’s all in my boobs and belly. Long before this point with Nicole I had swollen out of my rings and my face was fuller. This time I still have my wedding rings on and am wearing the same size shoes. Will need to be buying some more spring/summer bottoms (shorts/capris) though it pains me to do so for just 70 days of usage. Think I’ll hit up a consignment shop….

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Yea for cute pregnantness!

Finlands finest said...

I think our bowling team rocked yesterday!!!

You being pregnant makes me smile because you are soo cute!

Martha said...

If you buy 3 outfits at sale price and rotate through just those 3 outfits for 70 days, you'll get enough "wear" out of them.
:)
Just giving you another option!!

Megs said...

Awww with all the swollenness (word?), you were still so adorable with the 1st pregnancy! I can't imagine how freakin cute you are now!