Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Those Clever Democrats!

Barack Obama’s campaign is doing some smart marketing. As previously mentioned, I'm not registered with either campaign and have never been active in campaigning so perhaps this is common and I'm just new to it.

Here was my first “that’s really cool” moment:

I put a red arrow on his “ad” if you didn’t see it right away. It’s a nice reminder for residents and offers a link to register to vote if you haven’t already done so. And I like the picture they picked – very “hey, neighbor, just helping out.”

Second thing I saw recently was front page news in Jim’s Spencerville Journal (weekly hometown newspaper). The second barn in Ohio that’s part of the Barns for Obama campaign went up in their town. What a neat idea!

Last – I was looking for a link to add so I could check out more on the Barns for Obama effort and the first link Yahoo! brought up was democrats.org. I thought it was just some homemade thing when I saw the link to their blog “Kicking Ass” and left. It took me a minute to catch what the name meant and then I laughed out loud – how clever! Anyway, they have a nice video about the first Ohio barn that was painted.

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Kicking Ass--LOL

I really like that the candidates are encouraging people to vote.

Katharine said...

The painting barns with themes thing has really become popular in the past few years... UK's ag alumni (I think they're the ones responsible) have a "barnstorming" campaign where they paint barns and silos across the bluegrass with the UK logo. Other farms across central and eastern KY are part of various quilt trail groups that paints a giant quilt square on one side of the barn.

extending the vote thing out a little further...obviously obama wants people to vote for him, but I really appreciate and respect those celebrities that instead of using their status to tell people which candidate to vote for, just tell people to vote for their preferred candidate...that it matters more that they just get out and vote. period.

Viki said...

Hmm...I wonder if Budweiser would give up the roof across from Wrigley field for a month for the Obama folks...

There were a couple of Obama folks at German Day fest registering people to vote. :-)