Monday, September 08, 2008

McCain

I watched the GOP Convention while I was in Toronto and my mom made a comment to me about the pork barrel spending in government and who’s guilty. It was something I hadn’t given too much thought to until she said it so I did some research this morning from what I believe to be a reputable source, The Citizens Against Government Waste. Here are the results:

Obama: 52 for a total of $89,784,790
McCain: 0 for $0

HOLY SHIT.

-------------------

On a side note, in light of Jenny’s brush with fame, I saw McCain’s bus parked at the hotel next door to my office. He’s speaking up north today so I'm assuming this is where he crashed for the night. Didn’t see him, but I did deliver a handwritten note to the bus driver to give to him/Palin.

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

WOW!! Thats a huge difference in spending!!

I wonder how often the bus drivers are asked to do something for the candidates?? That is cool that you went to the time to write them a note and ask the bus driver to deliver. Maybe you will get a response?!?! :)

Finlands finest said...

Also--as an undecided voter, it is nice when my friends note important points politically on thier blogs. It helps me to think about what is important to me. :)

Anonymous said...

what did this note say?

Katharine said...

what did the note say?!? :)

Karen said...

my note said that i was in Toronto on vacation but took the time to watch both of their speeches (Palin's online the day after and McCain's live). I said I was impressed with their message and their ideas on how America does have problems and how they might be solved.

I gave them my name, city and email in the closing.

-------

My next blog will be my impressions of the GOP convention

LisaMarie said...

You're presentation of data is slightly skewed when you look at the fact that Obama's spending ranks 70th out of 100 senators on the list of spenders. (Which I got from your same website...not sure how the data is different. Did you look at a different year?)While I concede that McCain's zero is definitely impressive, 69 other senators ranked above Obama in spending. Now if Hilary were running, she ranks #13....that's a whole other story.

Karen said...

i looked at 2007 as i didn't think '08 was 'done' enough. 70th is great. Hillary is ridiculous.

Martha said...

Just think of how much better off our budget and federal money would be if they stopped that crap. Seriously. All without raising taxes like certain people would prefer. Hell, we could likely lower taxes and STILL be better off with that kind of crap going on.
I am 100% against pork barrel spending. Just because 69 are worse about it than one individual, doesn't make it any less wrong for that person (and all the others, too!). Kudos to all who were 0!