Thursday, September 11, 2008

Helping your Vote

Here’s a pretty cool website that lets you review statements made by candidates without knowing who said what. Then you vote for the statement you most agree with. At the end it tallies your votes and helps you learn whose views you’re most in line with.

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/MatchoMatic/fullpage?id=5542139

There are cute little phrases at the bottom of the questions too if you take the time to look at them.

Below are my results - check out the chart on the far left to see the issues and how I voted! No surprise that I slightly sided with Obama on "hot topics" (gay marriage, abortion...).


3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

My results were super close. I am with Obama with 1 point over McCain. In heathcare I was with McCain and on Hot issues I was with Obama--all others it was a tie with one for each. See why I am undecided!??!?!

markjx said...

The Match-O-Matic was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I found myself recognizing that a quote was from a particular candidate and, once I did that, my choice was biased.

I ended up with McCain. But, I don't think that their actual position on issues are all that different from each other...

MJ

Katharine said...

I got similar (yet different) results as Jenny (but I am definitely towards one candidate than the other), and Mark brings up a valid point as well.