Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Random thoughts

1. I’ve commented that Nicole knows more than she can say but I don’t think Jim fully believed me. Last night before we put Nicole to bed, I quizzed her. “Where’s your Sleepy Bear?” I asked. She went to her crib and tried to pull it through the bars. “Where’s your bunny pillow?” She toddled right to it and pointed. “What about your elephant? Where’s your elephant?” Scanning the room, she found it near her bed and went to it for a hug. Jim’s eyes were huge and impressed, “One thing would be a fluke, but she looked for that elephant specifically. She does know what they are!” Told ya.

2. My face is broken out and that really annoys me. It’s always in the same spot on my chin. Shouldn’t I be too old for this?!

3. I'm a HUGE Nora Roberts fan (she writes romantic mysteries) and the new novel I picked up at the airport, High Noon, is different than her others, in a good way. She normally writes in a modern tone but doesn’t call out world events or popular news so the story could have been written in the 80’s or in the 00’s and you wouldn’t know. This one mentions things by name like Sex & The City, Project Runway, etc. It also has more “dialog” on the characters thoughts; and the thoughts they have are very true to life. For example, the main character is headed for a date she’s pretty sure will lead to sex. She’ll be talking to her mother and suddenly think “Should I buy new underwear?”. HA! I'm really enjoying this new style.

4. Trey said it, but it bears repeating – I'm bored of this election. I blame the fact that they started the primaries so frickin’ early this year.

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I have always thought children understood more then we give them credit for knowing.

Martha said...

There's also the belief that when you're born, you know everything. It's with "education" that we begin to lose it all and become stupid. :)

Nope. I break out now worse than I ever did in HS or college. It sucks. I have to be extra careful - I try to go without makeup when I can on weekends, no sleeping - not even napping - in makeup, I only sleep on 1 side of the pillowcase once and then wash it, and I try to drink lots of water - with the intent to keep the skin clear. Just a few tips... Oh! And I've been cleaning my phones, too, as I breakout along where my phone touches my face...

Martha said...

Oh, and any chance Nicole grabs your face or chin, like when she's kissing or holding you? That probably doesn't help, either.

Katrin said...

I should get me one of her books, must be great to read! If my face breaks out, it is also always my chin. They told me it was hormonal. :(

Viki said...

I still break out, too...still use the Johnson & Johnson Clean n' Clear zit creme to prevent it, too. I have noticed that for the most part, my skin IS getting better though. I just have to be really vigilant about taking care of it.

The stuff around your chin, however, is hormonal (I've learned this from my limited facial experiences). Pay attention to when it starts to flare up during your cycle and you might be able to head it off somewhat.