Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Jerry Report

On Friday Jim put a mouse trap (the electric shock kind) with peanut butter bait in the space above the garage (adjacent to our bedroom). We said we'd hold out until Sunday to check if the light was blinking. I was so anxious to see the results because that night and the next there was no mouse sounds at all.

And so, on Sunday, Jim crawled back up into the attic.

He crept carefully to the box on the edge of the wall.

And saw nothing.


Strangely, there have been absolutely no signs of a mouse at all - no droppings, no scratching noises, no sightings. Maybe it died in my walls. Maybe it was smart and saw the trap and said "I've got to get the heck out of here." Maybe we're just not good mouse hosts.

In the back of my mind though I'm wondering if it's just made its way to a less inhabited room and we no longer notice it....

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I cannot think like a mouse, so I have no idea where it could have/would have gone. Hopefully you catch it so you can be sure it is gone for good!

Martha said...

SHE probably ran off some place to have her babies. Don't worry - you'll soon hear their pitter patter again. ;)

For your sake, though, I hope the mouse left. Maybe your neighbors are better mouse hosts.

LisaMarie said...

Martha's comment made me laugh out loud! Because it might be true!!! You should try setting the trap near your food source, the pantry. For all you know, they're having a snackfest in there and you just haven't found it yet.