Sunday, July 06, 2008

Our Cruise in Pictures


Our Ship, the Carnival Valor. I went to the galley tour so I can spit off all kinds of random facts about it should you care.

Our porthole room on deck 2

Typical street sellers in Nassau, our first port (Monday)

Jim and I in Nassau


Karen in the Bahamas


Jim & Tom won the cornhole tournament and got a medal!


Jim at Blackbeard's Castle overlooking St. Thomas (second port). This was taken shortly after Jim bought a new Movado watch (on his right wrist) in town.


Magen's Bay - rated one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Jim stayed in the room so I went alone - LONG story of me getting dumped by a cab, walking a mile to catch another one, and then, once I was enjoying the beach I witnessed the ship-local topless sunbather (no picture).



Performers from one of our shows! This is 1 of 6 videos I took of them.


Elephant!


Towel Monkey (for Trey) -it's hanging from our curtains!


Downtown St. Maarten


Karen & Jim at our second formal night


Midnight Buffet Desserts (Note that this spread in general paled in comparison to the RC cruise to Alaska)


Midnight Buffet Ice Sculptures

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which island was your favorite?

Dave

Finlands finest said...

You look amazing in all of your pics!!

I'm jealous. I want a cruise vacation. (just for the towel animals. :)

Martha said...

um, after all that talk about which swimsuit, we didn't get a pic? I wanna see! (oh, um. unless, of course, you were said topless person).
Looks great! I do admit, the towel animals may have been my favorite part! Not to lesson the rest, they were just THAT fun and unexpected.
Your room looks about 3x the size I would have expected (I always imagine those rooms to be the size of closets).
Glad you enjoyed your getaway!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great vacation. I had to laugh at martha's comment about you being the topless person... but yeah where's the bathing suit pic??

Viki said...

You're one hot mamma in that black dress!

And I'm sure my mother will shake her head if she reads this, but I'd be one of those topless sunbathers. I would of course, stick to the topless deck on the boat as it is a more protected area. :-)

Karen said...

i'd sunbathe topless too if
1) i was not with co-workers
2) i was on a topless beach/deck - which she was NOT

Martha said...

They have topless decks on the cruises???
Some days, I feel so naive.

LisaMarie said...

I want the suit picture! You look HOT in that black dress! Very curvy! And a Movado!?!?! That's one expensive watch! Did I see diamonds around the face?@?!?!?!

Finlands finest said...

I am with Martha--I am naive...
Topless decks on cruises.

I have heard of nude beaches though. :)

Anonymous said...

Karen, you look absolutely beautiful in your evening dress. I can see Jim still does not favor the "Tie" thing. Oh well, he was nice enough to have one on at our 10 year wedding renewal, so I give him a "hats off" for that. I can see he ate up the corn hole game. How did he fair in ping pong? Did the new paddle really help. Did he play.....

Martha said...

Looks like Jim got himself a trophy wife.
;)
Yes. I know about nude beaches. Not that I frequent them. I even found them on Sauvie Island outside Portland (ahem. "clothing optional" beaches as the signs read). Well, thankfully not FOUND them. Just saw the signs pointing where they were....The topless deck thing on cruises - are there teenage boys peering thru a window on those decks?

Martha said...

I keep forgetting my comment on the ice sculptures! I like ice sculptures. They're surprisingly easy to do, too. A very forgiving medium if even I can do one. And just one I did. With 2 other people. In culinary school. It was great!

Karen said...

Jim played and won the ping-pong tournament on board WITHOUT his new paddle (which he didn't bring). He met some players during the matches and proceeded to hang out with them the rest of the week. :)

Laura said...

Glad you had a good time...great picture tour! I love your outfits, especially the black and white dress.

Katrin said...

I really liked the flowery dress. But all your pictures are great!