Tuesday, July 08, 2008

In general...

1. A few folks asked how Nicole was when we saw her for the first time after our trip. My parents brought her to the airport to greet us which was a surprise. I saw her as we walked down the terminal but she caught my uncle's eye first and was all about him for the first minute. I got a glance but she went right back to looking at him. I'll admit it - after a week of our "old life" it was WEIRD to hold a baby again. She looked different - taller, more hair, longer face. One week and she looked different! My parents, well at least mom, was sad to see her go (or so she said).

2. The bathing suit was very suitable and I was in the mid-range of looking good in it compared to others in our party (several size <4's...). I was confident enough to walk around without a cover-up though! I don't think there was a single picture taken with me in my bikini...

3. Tom introduced me to Pandora Radio which is now my most favorite website to listen to at work. It's based off of the music genome project which I think, in general, is super cool.

4. I agreed to teach my first MBA class this fall - intro to marketing. Greg is waived out of it though so there's no chance of having my little brother in my class.

5. As Nicole nears her first birthday several people have asked about weaning her. This was already accomplished the week I returned from Akron (about a month ago) and was painless (physically and emotionally) for both of us. After seeing so many fake boobs on the cruise Jim is eager to get the next kid's possession of my breasts out of the way so he can have them touched up and back in his control. I look forward to this too! :)

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

What do you mean "have them touched up"? I think yours are pretty nice...

I'm glad you were confident in your bikini. Thats a great thing to be able to say!

Viki said...

Trey likes Pandora, too. I haven't tried it, but will get to it eventually...

On the boobs comment...cracked me up!

Martha said...

Jim's eager for you to get a boob job?
Jim, Jim, JIM! I'm so disappointed.

Mamma Sarah said...

I'm glad that Jim is going to pay to have it done for you! Who needs saggy reminders of breastfeeding days?

Glad to hear that the weaning process went well and there were no complications. :-D

LisaMarie said...

#5 cracked my shit up. Dear sweet Jim. I judge him in no way, or you. Because I want to totally do the same thing with mine after kids. :) I can't wait to have perky boobs again!

Anonymous said...

Wow Pandora is going to be dangerous to my itunes account.

Apparently I like 12:8 time and acoustic sonority.

Dave

Anonymous said...

I let no man have control of my boobs! lol Even my sweet David. He can borrow them for awhile because he takes such excellent care of them, but controlling them.....? Carole

TreyJ said...

I LOVE Pandora - great to have on at work. I've run across so much music I've never heard before. I think their classical stuff is a little limited, or maybe I'm just not picking "stations" very well in that respect. As far as other music goes, though, it's really opened my eyes.