Sunday, September 30, 2007

2/3 Largest Life Stresses Accomplished... check!

Per the title, I've got the kid and a new house... not shooting for the new job though.

Things have been non-stop around here. As of Thursday, Jim and I are officially the owners of 2 houses. That’s right- we closed on the new one (with promise of fixing the counter to my satisfaction) Thursday at 1 and have been spending hours upon hours there ever since.

Friday, bright and early, the painters came to do the foyer, great room, hallways, kitchen, morning room, and our bedroom. It is amazing what a total of 8 workers can accomplish in about 12 working hours. Everything looks fantastic. I didn’t like the kitchen blue I picked out and as a result ended up at the Sherwin Williams store a total of 3 times having it retinted different shades. Finally I said “screw it, whatever color it comes out of the tumbler this time is what we’re doing”. True to my word I took that gallon home and didn’t even watch as they put it on the wall. It’s okay, not perfect, but not worth any more effort or patience from Patrick the SW guy.

I got part of the office and part of Nic’s room painted. Jim picked up her crib and planted about ½ the flowers we bought for along ‘the wall’. We’ll finish painting those two rooms, planting, and assembling said crib this afternoon before we go to Mom’s.

Another item on the agenda is celebrating my birthday (today). That’s why we’re having dinner at the parents. Jim organized everyone to chip in for a new rocking chair for me for the nursery. I ADORE IT. Nicole was crying in Great-Grandma T’s arms, I rocked her in that chair and she was sleeping within minutes. It’s a magic chair.

I’ve been packing some every day and we’ve taken a car load each day since Thursday. Poor Nicole has to play around the boxes! She doesn't seem to care though...
The movers come on Saturday (6 short days!) and I vow to be totally prepared and organized when they get here. I’m hoping that Saturday afternoon is just full of organizing and isn’t too stressful. *fingers crossed*

7 comments:

LisaMarie said...

Hooray! And Happy Birthday Kiddo! I can't wait to see it next Saturday!!!!

Viki said...

Congrats on all of the stuff happening, and happy birthday!

I think babies and cats are the same way with boxes - they'd rather play with them than the stuff inside. I'm sure she doesn't mind. :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Congrats with everything.

Thanks for the video, she's totally cute. :-) So wiggly!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Karen! I hope you had a great day even though it sounds like you spent much of the time working!

Katrin said...

HAPPY BIRHTDAY! You did hint that it was sometime this weekend, but I wasn't sure. You are such an over-achiever, it is incredible. Do you ever sleep?! Thanks for the video, I love how she dances along to the music.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
sounds sooo very busy, exhausting, and exciting at the same time.

Gtemp said...

My niece looks like she is getting electricuted in that video!