Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A New Cutie & Song Preferences


Awwwww- Lindsay sent me this fun picture taken at the Hungary zoo. ALL babies are cute, but especially mine and elephant babies. *wink*

******************

Unlike MANY people, I'm a HUGE fan of the radio. I love that it’s free and that it has a large variety of options literally at my fingertips. I listen to quite a few different genres in general but I’ve noticed that it seems all varieties of music often fall into the same fault- there is one really bad line in the song. So bad I wonder why the writer didn’t take it out and come up with something, anything better.

Here are a few examples:
Eminem’s Shake That- “… And I get more ass than a toilet seat” EWWWWWWWWW!
Fergie’s Big Girls Don’t Cry- “…And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket” Dumb.

On the other hand, there are some lines in songs that are so clever that, for me, make the song:
Rascal Flatts: "...God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you" How cool is that?
Green Day’s When I Come Around: "You may find out that your self-doubt means nothing was ever there / You can't go forcing something if it's just not right" Words to strongly consider some times


Also, in general, I prefer songs that
1) Tell a story
2) Have refrains with twists (not just straight repeats)

9 comments:

Megs said...

I couldn't agree with you more on that!! You picked two GREAT examples for dumb lines too!!

LisaMarie said...

I agree with everything you said! :)

Finlands finest said...

I am going to have to send you this song that the troop, who teach belly dance at my school, dance to, it is mesmerizing. I keep listening to it. :)

Sarah said...

I'm totally with you!!!

Dale said...

So I think you'd love one of my all time favorites... American Pie!

TreyJ said...

I like songs that have interesting and original harmonic progressions.

But I'm also a big dork!

Gtemp said...

Now that line about getting more ass than a toilet seat is downright hilarious! haha.

Martha said...

Just to let you know. I have to disappear for a while. Apparently someone at work has made it his mission to find PFO blogs. While nothing is bad in mine, I don't want them to find me.....One person has already left his position due to his blog (then again,he was the safety dude and made it known he owns assault riffles....)

Martha said...

Karen (et al): my blog is now private. Something I have to do to keep any employers (current or future) from reading it. I know I have nothing incriminating in it, but I do mention work and coworkers every now and again, and don't want anything used against me or whatnot. I also don't need colleagues mocking me for any posts.
I need to somehow get ahold of email addresses to invite people who want to view my blog.