Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Uh Oh

This happened last night!



I wouldn't say that this was "out of the blue" because he regularly pushes a walking toy around, but he doesn't often just stand and balance on his own. I've never seen him push himself up to standing from the ground on his own. He is also a very fast, and therefore very effecient, crawler so I thought we might have weeks before he hit this milestone.

Jim actually saw the very first steps (he was walking to me as I had my back to him), but we did lots of practicing using the red ball as incentive and Grandma came over later that night to see him. :)

7 comments:

Finlands finest said...

He seems pretty sure of himself walking, I bet he practices when everyone is asleep!

Laura said...

Love the little wiggle...he certainly is determined! He'll be running by next week.

Jenna said...

Normal Grandma?

Congrats Mom! Teriffic birthday!

Martha said...

Yea, way to go, Chris!!

Mamma Sarah said...

That is one determined kid. So cute.

Viki said...

Too cute - he falls so hard but gets right back up. :-)

LisaMarie said...

What a fun new toy for Nicole to play with! :) And I think he was throwing himself down on purpose. Practicing for his career in professional wrestling. Or the drills he and Max will have to do during UD football practice?