Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Last weekend in May

Thank God for national holidays. We all appreciated the vacation day on Monday for Memorial Day.

  • Chris broke 2 teeth in one day and when I felt for them I noticed that his gums on either side of the new teeth were swollen too. You can imagine how happy a baby we have on our hands right now.
  • Greg's graduation party was on Sunday- Jenna did a really nice job putting everything together. Congrats to the newest MBA in the family! I thought this was really sweet - my dad offered to let my mom go back to school to get her Masters Degree so she wouldn't be the "only one in the family without one" (Mike's in progress for his MBA now). She appreciated the gesture but declined stating she was "too old" (I disagree she's too old for anything but understand why she doesn't want to go back less than one year from retirement).
  • I bought patio furniture at Lowes this weekend and it looks LOVELY! We set the firepit out too. The chairs for the dining table are in and we need to schedule delivery from Menards. Add some plants and some pretty lighting and we're in business!
  • I headed up to the Outlet Mall (Monroe, OH) with the girls on Saturday. Spent about $100 on lots of fun things and had a great time in general!
  • I should have mentioned it in the Nicole blog from last week but Nicole has lots of grandmothers and we normally refer to them by their last name- Grandma Hook (Jim's mom), Grandma Templin (my grandmother), etc. However, my mother, who she sees 1+/week is just "Grandma". As a result when Nicole needs clarification she refers to her as "Normal Grandma". This is especially funny when we have several Grandmas together (at the Graduation Party for example) and I tell her to say good-bye to Grandma. "Normal Grandma or Grandma Wolf?" she'll ask in front of both of them.

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I think it is funny that your mom is "normal Grandma". I am not saying she is not normal more that is a funny title implying that the rest of the Grandma's are not normal (which is untrue I know). It is cute!

Viki said...

That "normal Grandma" thing is cute. :-)