Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Music Notes

Many times I've stated my love for the radio. I would very much consider myself a "music appreciator", I think largely because I myself am not musically talented (something I intend to rectify with my kids).

  • My current favorite song? Breakeven
  • Songs that I'll always listen to, even if I just heard it- Little Wonders, Fast Car, Sway, Time of My Life, Won't Be Like this For Long, etc.
  • A song I'm REALLY over is I Need You Now.
  • If someone tells me that a certain song is meaningful or a favorite of theirs I feel compelled to listen to it. One of Jim's favorite songs is The Freshman. Nicole adores I Love Rock and Roll. My boss told me that the song he thinks of when he thinks of his wife is Then. I'm plagued by hearing them on the radio and being able to bring myself to changing the station. I feel the same way about the song Jim and I danced to at our wedding
  • My co-worker's favorite band is Slipknot. This is NOT my kind of music mostly because it (brace yourself, I'm about to sound old) sounds like noise to me. We listened to several songs yesterday and I think I physically understand only about 1/12th of what they're actually saying.
  • Thanks to some kudos from Tom's Blog I started paying more attention to Lady Gaga and now I'm all wound around her finger. I really do like her voice and find her songs catchy in general. I'm not really sure why People doesn't feature her more than they do- if nothing else she's weird which often translates to interesting. ** Update** apparently Larry King thinks she's intersesting - she was on last night! Here is the show! **
  • In case you're interested, this is my Pandora station that I listen to at work.

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

The song I need you now, has always seemed like, forgive me those that like it, a dumb song. You get drunk and then turn to someone who you know you shouldn't be with for love/sex/comfort. All around a bad idea and bad thing to encourage. I have been tired of the song since I heard the words....lol

I LOVE Lady Gaga!!

Mamma Sarah said...

Love Gaga! Did you see the Gaga episode of Glee? :-) My kids even love her. :-)

Tom said...

I love GAGA! (I'm not afraid to say it). She is a talented pianist as well!