Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Birthday, Christopher!

Chris's birthday party was today (his real birthday is on Wednesday). Want to feel like you were here with us? This is the blog for you....



We started with some visiting and lunch,





opened lots of thoughtful presents,





and played the "destiny" game (you put out a Bible, a dollar and a bottle of booze and whichever one the baby goes to shows the path the child will follow in life). The button in the bottom right corner will make the movie larger.










I presented Chris's cake to him and we all sang Happy Birthday.



Of course the cake went over really well. :)




Following dessert we gathered to watch a year-in-review movie I made about my #1 son. If you care to watch all 7 minutes, be my guest! Another reminder that the button in the bottom right corner will make the film bigger for viewing.



Happy Father's Day to all you great DADS out there!

9 comments:

David Polley said...

I loved the video (I shed a tear or two)Happy birthday little man. God bless you and your sister and your wonderful Mommy and Daddy

Katrin said...

They're both too cute!

Happy Birthday, Chris. :)

I love your video, and it was definitely not too long. I especially liked the 'real life' part in the end. Hahaha!!!

Laura said...

Happy birthday Chris! He is a little man after my heart, what a cutie pie!!!

Finlands finest said...

I'm glad Chris choose the book! Such a smart boy. LOVED this post!!

Viki said...

Well, Chris may have chosen the book, but Nic was certainly interested in the vodka. ;-)

Haven't gotte to watch the other video yet, but sounds like it'll be worth the wait.

Martha said...

Aww, happy Birthday, Chris! Great job on the cake! It's CUTE!!

I, too, loved that Chris went for the Bible and Nic went for the alcohol...hmmm.

And great job on the tribute video. Very cute and fun to watch the change over the last 12 months. :)

Jen W. said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Karen I watched the whole video, and it's fantastic. What a wonderful keepsake!

Mamma Sarah said...

Great video. What an amazing kid you've got there. :-) Such a blessing! :-)

LisaMarie said...

I wish I had done this with Max- totally forgot! I'm a total slacker parent and haven't put together a single book of pictures or anything about him. They're all carefully cataloged on the Mac though. Does that count at all?

And as always, someday, we will be drinking with Nicole in a bar at UD. *sigh* A girl after our own hearts.....