Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween 2009

Halloween was a success - Nicole got the phrase "trick or treat" down and she definitely got the hang of "when the bowl comes out I get candy". She got a bit shy and normally always whispered her "thank you"'s but she often did it without me prompting so I'll take it.

Here's us prepping the pumpkin:





This was my first time scraping (versus just straight carving) and while I appreciate the potential, it was MESSY. Fortunately Jim was eager to get it cleaned up.



And the pumpkin glowing:


Chris didn't go out this year - it was a bit too cold. He'll head out next year. I'm already thinking of what they can be that compliments each other - you know like Dorothy and a scarecrow or a cheerleader and a football player. Something like that.



Nicole used a borrowed costume this year and went as a ladybug.





We way over-bought candy and had about 30 trick-or-treaters. As the neighborhood grows we'll obviously get more but as it stands we have 4 completey unopened bags of candy + the leftovers from the first three bags. Geesh!

9 comments:

Laura said...

That video cracked me up! Nicole made a beautiful little ladybug :)

Viki said...

Your pumpkin looks fantastic!

Laura said...

That video cracked me up! Nicole made a beautiful little lady bug :)

Martha said...

Great job on the pumpkin!
And what a cute little lady bug.

Finlands finest said...

Crack me up! I love the video and how concerned Nicole was with getting dirty!

She made an adorable lady bug!!

LisaMarie said...

That was the greatest video EVER! I LOVE IT!!!!!

Sarah said...

Fantastic! This reminded me of when we carved pumpkins at 1320, haha! And I love that Nic didn't want to get dirty!

Finlands finest said...

I have to admit, I had watched the video everyday this week, because it is so funny and cute. I noticed that your fingers look very long and thin, like a piano players fingers. :)

D Polley said...

Hey! I have an idea. Since this year was the "treat" part. Save the 4 un-opened bags of candy for next year and give them out as out "tricks". What do you think?

Cute video...!