Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend of 9/25/09

I had one of the best weekends in a long time. Friday night the kids went to Aunt Lindsay’s so Jim and I could go birthday partying with friends. Since November 2006 I’ve been pregnant or nursing all but three months so I haven’t had the chance to fully “let my hair down” and I was itchy to do so and connect with my neighbors/make new friends. We hit up a local Thai place and then went to a bar that was walking distance from the restaurant that seemed to specialize in shots. Of course we had to participate! While this wasn’t Jim’s scene at all, I had a great time buying rounds, talking, and enjoying the live band. We got home from picking up the kids around 2:00am and just my first round of pumping and dumping was (Lisa, this is really to impress you) 11oz. Round two at 7am was another 7oz. The 7oz. alone is a record for me. Clearly lots of fluid intake = lots of fluid output. Know what, it didn’t even phase me to pour it down the drain I had such a good time. Further, I was smart and drank lots of water before bed so I didn’t have a hangover at all!

Picture taken by Derf - magazine of all things cool in Cincinnati- Jim snagged this from their website.


Saturday Jim helped Mike move furniture for a few hours and the kids and I had lots of downtime to hang out and eat ice cream which always puts at least Nicole and I in a good mood. That night we got the movie Push and after Nicole and Chris went to bed we watched the first half and turned in around 11pm. Chris slept through the night without eating for the fourth straight night which was enough for me to stamp him as officially and permanently without a mid-night feeding from here out.



Sunday, after sleeping in until 9am (glory!) we took the kids to the Apple Daze festival in Lebanon. We ate amazing apple fritters, listened to a band, let Nicole jump in the moonwalk and ride a pony in a circle. It was a fun time and, in my opinion, a very quintessential “autumn” thing to do. After dinner and putting the kids to bed we finished Push (rating = D) and headed upstairs to read (him – Dante’s Divine Comedy, me- People magazine).


Looking forward to another good time on Saturday!!! I'm already planning appetizers/desserts/drinks!

8 comments:

Martha said...

Wow. Glad you had fun!

Finlands finest said...

It makes me really really sad that I cannot make it Saturday!!!

I'm glad you got to do the quintessential "autumn" things. :) I want to go apple picking this year!! :)

Jenna said...

Damg your a pro! Even I cant do 7 shots, much less contain them, AND not have a hangover.

Props!

Caitlin said...

Sounds like we missed a good time on Friday! I'm glad you got to have a great non-mommy night. :-)

Finlands finest said...

I am disappointed you gave Push such a low rating. From the previews it looks great. I was excited to see it!

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for getting out and being a grown-up. :-) Doesn't it feel great?

Can't wait to see you Saturday!

Viki said...

Dude, how much do your boob shrink after you pump 11 oz? Having never done it myself, I classify that as amazing!

Sarah said...

GREAT picture of Jim and the ladies! Jim looks like a total stud, which of course, we all know that he is!!