Saturday, August 15, 2009

Life returning to "normal"

Nicole has been at her new daycare for a week now. I was shocked to hear on Friday “oh, she talks!” when I had her with me in the nursery. Apparently my very outgoing daughter is shy at school. I’m chalking it up to still being new and her not knowing anyone there yet. Everyone has said how well-behaved she is so at least there’s that…





Chris is in the nursery there as his babysitter is indefinitely decommissioned. I like the caregivers there, many have been employed at TLC for 5+ years which I think says a lot. It’s a state law apparently that if a child falls asleep in a swing for more than 10 minutes s/he need to be moved to a crib. Well, our dear son doesn’t like cribs so I’m curious how they’re doing that. I’m trying to mimic this at home too so that things are consistent and to prep him for sleeping on his own ASAP. Right now he’s upstairs crying because he’s alone. :( He seems to have a radar on me that if I’m further than 6 feet when he’s sleeping he wakes up all frantic. This is frustrating at 4:00am when I need to go pump downstairs and everyone should be sleeping, including him.



Tonight we’re headed to a festival which should be fun for Nicole.

I have found 2 possibilities for conversation furniture for the deck but none for the table… making a stop to check out anther place this afternoon.



Video sample of daily life around here:


I go full-time back to work on Monday. This week was a good ease into it and I’m looking forward to starting as I’m already behind due to the short work-week and I have the confidence that the kids are in good hands so it doesn’t make me anxious to leave them.

7 comments:

LisaMarie said...

I LOVE how many times she says naked!!!!!!!!

I find it interesting that your daycare says it's a state law that they have to be moved after 10 minutes. Add that to the list of things my old daycare was violating!!!!! Grrrr.....Good thing we INSISTED that they put him in his crib. Who knows if they really did it though!

Laura said...

You're kids are so cute :)

Finlands finest said...

1. I love Chris's double chin!!!

2. Did Nic just learn what naked means? :)

3. Good luck with your first full-time work week.

Viki said...

I was going to comment on Nic saying "naked" so many times, too. Has she gotten to the phase where she doesn't want to wear any clothes?

Hope Christ starts sleeping a little better....

Martha said...

I like the pic of Nic wearing your shoes and a gorilla in (I'm assuming) Chris' carseat.
That one a great shot, worthy of when she's 14, and everyone takes pics from their childhood to guess who is who....

Sarah said...

I was shocked to read the comment about Nic not talking at school, considering what a motor mouth she was when I was there!

And I also love her obsession with "naked". Hilarious!

I can't wait to squish and kiss Chris's cheeks, he is so adorable!

Mamma Sarah said...

I echo everyone else's comments on Nic saying naked. Too cute. Chris is so adorable! :-)

Hard to believe that Nic is quiet at school, but I get the whole not knowing the kids yet. Alex does the same when he goes to the center too. She'll be Ms. Social Butterfly before you know it. :-)

Good luck on your first full week!