Monday, August 17, 2009

DWTS Annoyance

I don't watch Dancing with the Stars but I am interested every year who the "B-list" stars they put in the competition are. I was VERY dismayed however at this year's line up. At least three of the people on the list are not the types of people that I'd call "role models". Two have been arrested and spent time in rehab for drug use and one politician had to resign for campaign violations.

It's frustrating to see that "better" people aren't rewarded with 15+ minutes of fame. I'm all for the Olympic athletes, TV stars, even the swimsuit model. But really, aren't there any other people who haven't spent time in front of a judge that could be on TV?

3 comments:

Martha said...

Well...in defense of people who have been judged, it's probably very hard for vain people to be told they suck on national TV. Those who already have been judged are better used to it.
I am, however, excited that the ICA chairman is on it! I would so watch it to see him!! I bet he's great.
Besides, for the previously imprisoned people, perhaps it gives them a second chance. As long as people are truly willing to change, I'm all for second chances, and this, to me, seems to be a good transitional medium to show their intentions.
Other than athletes, tv stars, and models, who's left? They have to still be "stars" so we recognize them.

Finlands finest said...

Could it be that they couldn't get anyone else?

LisaMarie said...

I think most of the line up is pretty good. But Tom DeLay? Really?