Friday, December 14, 2007

Nicole Update

I think the romance novels are helping – yesterday when Jim was playing with Nicole she kept making faces. Suddenly when she started making noises he figured out what she was trying to do – pronounce consonant sounds!! She said “baa” today which was the first non-“ahhhh” sound I’ve heard her deliberately make in a while. I teased her that she’s a sheep and tickled her tummy in reward.

Yesterday was much better with the grandparents – a 4 hour nap in the morning and no crying in the 4 hours she was alone with them after until I got home from work (took a late lunch).

2 comments:

Martha said...

You're reading Nic novels about Romancing Sheep, too?!? Boy is she going to have a troubled life, but she'd probably be more screwed up if she were a he learning about what to do to sheep.
:)

Viki said...

I'm glad Nicole is getting along with her grandparents a little better. No comments about the romance novel thing!