Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Always behind...

Last night after dinner Nicole and I played with her toys. She's much more interactive now, even more so since she can sit and more easily reach them compared to when she was laying on her back. This unit is one she borrowed from her friend Ryan Childers who was generous enough to share with her! :)

After Nic went to bed I cooked for an hour and a half for my day of the office "Food Bonanza". We're having make your own tacos/nachos and enchiladas (chicken and cheese). All was going well until Jim asked me to lay down with him while the final cooking was wrapping up. Yeah, fell asleep. I woke up at 11:45 and flew out of bed. I'm praying that the enchiladas taste good and they aren't too dry from 25 minutes of overcooking. They look okay but you never can tell.... I'll be ticked off if all that effort was for naught.

This morning there was 2" of snow and these idiots in Cincinnati mistaked it for 2 feet apparently. I had to take Nicole to daycare this morning as Jim's getting the oil changed in the Avalon. After a 30 minute trip when i wasn't' even half way there (normally 16 total minutes) it dawned on me that Jim loaded the crock pot shell, but not the bowl that the taco meat was in. He's nice enough to bring it to me here at work on his way into the office. Otherwise the tacos would be missing a very key component which I'm not willing to have in light of my enchilada concern.

And the day started well, I fit into my skinny jeans!

13 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Yeah for fitting in your skinny jeans!!

I'm sure your enchiladas will be yummy.

Nicole's sooo cute!

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for skinny jeans!!!

Snow + Ohioians = UGH!!! That's why I'm glad that I can work from home. :-)

Martha said...

like your pre-pregnancy skinny jeans (or are skinny jeans just pre pregnancy jeans?)? Either way, congratulations!

I'm so jealous of your snow. sooooo jealous.

Martha said...

Oh yea. assuming that was 2" of snow on the roadways (as opposed to on the grass with clear streets), I'm all for people slowing down, even to a crawl (assuming 25-40 on highways?) and not weaving in an out of traffic. The part I HATE is when you have several inches of snow on the road way and some punkass in 2 wheel drive flies by at 70 mph (although you usually see where kharma catches up to them as they spin out up the ways and get stuck, hopefully w/o hitting anyone and just getting themselves stuck).

Viki said...

We got roughly 5 inches last night, and it would've been much better had the plows actually gotten out. My heart had a few skipped beats, but it wasn't too bad - glad you guys are safe.

I'm sure all of your stuff for the Food Bonanza was great - our office building's cafe is giving everyone free lunch today!

TreyJ said...

A taco without meat is a crime! I'm glad Jim came to the rescue.

As far as the first snowfall goes, everyone forgets how to deal with it, so they either drive way too slow or end up in a ditch. There's no middle ground.

Martha said...

Trey - tacos with potatoes, and even seasoned potatoes, is actually a very tasty alternative to meat.
It really is. mmmmm.
Although I prefer meat (with potatoes).

I would rather people drive slower than they need and get someplace safe, then drive too fast and injure not only themselves but others on the road.

Sarah said...

Hurray for skinny jeans and baby videos!!

A smack in the forehead to stupid drivers.

Dale said...

Hey Karen...

I'm a pretty observant person... my sister said that when I observe something good about someone (particularly a woman) that observation needs to travel from the brain to the mouth and communicated. Well I'm afraid it didn't happen the last time I saw you when Jim and I went to the comedy club, so I'll say it in your blog:

"Wow, you look really good!"

Karen said...

awwwwww- thanks, dale! you made my day!! :)

and yes, they're my pre-Nicole skinny jeans.

TreyJ said...

Martha - there is no alternative to meat. You may have potato tacos in addition to meat. :)

Finlands finest said...

Martha, the potato tacos sound good. What spices do you use on the potatoes, I need to try this!!!

Martha said...

Jen - I've had either regular diced, boiled potatoes, or you can boil them, then toss them with taco seasoning (to get that flavor fix and all). Chili powder, garlic powder, CUMIN, onion, salt, pepper, celery seed, smokey paprika will get the flavor profile.