Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Holidays & Cold

I think I might have a cold. At first I was convinced it was just allergies – sneezing, congestion, itchy eyes. Now I’ve graduated into a totally blocked left side of my nose that I can get NO air through (yet somehow it still manages to drip??) and a phlegmmy cough. I'm super tired but I think that’s equally due to being slammed at work only to be slammed at home and never getting more than about 6.5 hours of sleep when I really need/want 8.5.

I'm WAY behind on my Christmas shopping. Fortunately my brother Mike and I determined we’d exchange restaurant gift cards and babysitting offers so I picked up his and Lindsay’s about 3 weeks ago. I’ve known what I want to give Ryann for about a month now but haven’t had the time to actually go and get it. My parents are mostly done but I feel like I need just one thing each more… but I don’t know what. Greg is almost done for Christmas but he hasn’t decided what he wants for his birthday (12/26/07) other than a new car (ha). Same for Mom whose birthday is 1/15/08. Just seems like people don’t actually need anything anymore…

I made a photobook at Shutterfly for Jim’s parents- it’s all about Nicole. I put some pictures from it below – if you click on them you can enlarge it and actually read the text. We gave it to them last night at Outback - they really liked it which made the effort worth it. : )


8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

The book is awesome!! LOVE IT!

Martha said...

aww, how cute.

Soo...you're NOT getting Greg a new car for Christmas? Not even a combined Christmas/Birthday gift?! ha.

I hope you feel better! *Everyone* seems to be coming down with that. We refer to it as "the disease" here. I haven't come down with it (although with my track record, I should come down with it around Dec 23rd....).

Viki said...

I'm sorry you've got a cold, but I love the pictures/album of Nicole...

As for the folks who still need gifts, there's always Chicago deep dish pizza, which is what most of the Texas folks got this year. It was a good solution for the folks who really don't need anything. :-)

Anonymous said...

i have a sinus infection right now so i know exactly how you are feeling. hopefully we are both better for christmas with our new baby's :-)

Laura said...

Hope you feel better before the holidays! The pic book is a great idea...I'm sure it will be cherished!

LisaMarie said...

It's YOU that got me sick! I have a cold today! :(

Hope you're feeling better because it means I'll be feeling better soon too!

It was great seeing you the other night.

Martha said...

I hope you are feeling better!

TreyJ said...

The blocked nose thing is the worst. It is soooo hard to sleep that way.