Monday, December 03, 2007

The Firsts are coming fast and furious

Nicole was really fidgety when I tried to feed her last night so rather than frustrate both of us Jim made her a bottle. I'm so glad he did- we got to experience another first!

That makes 5 firsts in the last week and a half- first snowfall, finding her feet, sleeping 11 straight hours, sitting up, now holding her own bottle! awwwww! She's getting more and more independant- I'm mixed between excited and wanting to help her keep learning and being sad and wanting her needing me to last longer. :( Don't get much of a choice though!

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

What an independent little lady, just like her mother. :) LOVE IT!

Mamma Sarah said...

Jeeze... that girl needs to slow down... nah, just kidding. She's so cute and what a milestone! Hard to believe she's growing like a weed. :-) It's such a hard thing to watch them grow up so quickly in the first year. But then again, I'm sure you've heard your mom say that too about you and the bros. :-D

Martha said...

Darling, don't worry, she's going to need you for the next 70 years. Maybe not to spoon feed her, but in so many other ways. Think of how much you depend on your parents NOW(babysitter? pondering the meaning of life? what color to paint your bathroom? sewing help? parenting advice? the hottest sex positions? (just checking to see if you're still reading this!)

Anonymous said...

tell her to stop!!! she isn't old enough to be so independent!!!

Viki said...

Do you still need your mother? While I think the definition of "need" has changed, I still need mine. :-)

Martha said...

I forgot to add: no worries - she still needs you to wipe her butt several times a day. ENJOY it while it lasts!!!!

TreyJ said...

Growing fast. Too bad I can't see the video here at work.

And yes, Martha, we were still reading. Ugh.

Sarah said...

Haha to Martha's comment! And I agree with Viki, though the definition of "need" may have been adapted now, I definitely still need my mom, couldn't imagine a day without her.