Friday, October 01, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, I'm officially 31 years old. That doesn't feel old. In fact, like always, I wonder how I'm 31 and still have so far to go....

What I did on my birthday:
  • Took the kids to daycare
  • Went to work
  • Smiled all day as I was wished Happy Birthday via text, in person, on facebook, and over the phone.
  • Decided that if I ever own a company I will give everyone their birthday off as a paid holiday
  • Enjoyed chicken cordon bleu at my parents house - yummy!
  • Got level 2 cake decorating lessons, a cake decorating box (place to put all my supplies), some jewelry, and a 1/2 day at the spa (1 hr. massage, 1 hour pedicure, manicure, hair cut & style, make-up consultation).
  • Got excited about my party on Saturday with the rest of my family

What I've enjoyed most about being 30

  • My roller skating birthday party
  • Realizing again and again how blessed I am that our family is healthy and happy- taking this realization and gained a deep appreciation
  • Gotten excited about weddings - 2 co-workers engaged, 1 brother engaged, 1 friend engaged
  • Enjoyed being married more than ever

What I'm going to do in my 31st year

  • Introspect more and make changes that are necessary versus taking the easy road
  • Be a better friend - I think I'm a pretty good friend in general but I let my own life/problems/busyness get in the way of being as good of a friend that I really want to be.
  • Enjoy the little moments more - I'm very process and productivity-driven and I could be less so at home
  • Do one really wild thing. Recently I was intregued by trapese lessons; this could be a possibility.... Someone please call me on this a year from now.

7 comments:

linds said...

Mike took me rappelling last weekend and I would say that was pretty wild :-)

Caitlin said...

I would totally take trapeze lessons with you!

Tom said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Where can you take trapese lessons? Have you thought instead about pole dancing? (I had to try for Jim)

Viki said...

Re your first bullet point under what you want to do in your 31st year - I've never thought of you as someone who takes the easy road. You wouldn't be where you are without hard work. Then again, if you didn't re-evaluate every once in a while you probably wouldn't be working that hard. :-)

Ms. Sarah said...

I think you're a FANTASTIC friend! But I agree with your sentiments on that topic, I always feel I could do better too. Thanks for the card!!

Finlands finest said...

We should do trapeze lessons together!! I promise to catch you!! :)

LisaMarie said...

I suck as a friend. I made you a cake but then didn't mail your card. I suck. Make that another resolution for your 31st year- make Lisa be a better friend to me.

ps. We did not schedule an official date in October. I think you said something tentative about lunch on your way back from a wedding???