Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Politics

Well, if the streets you drive are anything like mine they're LITTERED in political signs. On the West Side of Cincinnati it's Chabot for Congress that's got the most up. Even my brother and sister-in-law have a sign in their yard and I didn't realize they were that heavy of supporters!

Though I have very strong political views on a myriad of topics I have yet to take a hard look at any candidates' positions. I'm not even sure when election day is. Have no fear, I will be organized and informed by the time it rolls around.

------

As a side political note, I have some inner jousting about this whole mosque at Ground Zero thing. I assimilate it to the non-smoking ban in Cincinnati. While I don't like the smoke and certainly don't want my kids around it, I feel like it's not my place to tell others they can't make their own choices.

Same gig - I'm not wild about the idea to put a Mosque at Ground Zero but I recognize that it's a small faction of the faith that caused those crimes, not the people who'd be worshipping there. Why should we restrict them from having a nice place of worship (especially when so much money is going to other community things in the same area)?

I think it would be more appropriate to put a completely non-denominational worship hall there that any faith could use on a scheduled basis for their purposes.

3 comments:

linds said...

We aren't really that big of supporters (although we prefer him over his opponent) but our neighbor was bugging us to put one in our yard so we did to hush him! :-)

Finlands finest said...

I would just like the signs to be gone...

David Polley said...

As far as the political arena is concerned, it's a NO BRAINER this year. Anything with an R, and I or T (Republican, Independent, or the new the Tea Party) has my vote this year. Obama, the anointed one, and all of his democratic czars, including Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, have laid the biggest egg in this country's history. Not only was it laid, but it was actually dropped and it had cracked open in November 2008.

It really smells bad now, and the mess that continues with this man in office is beyond the definition of the "worse president we have ever had in american history". As I stated almost 2 years ago in this forum. How can you elect a man who has absolutely NO EXPERIANCE to the office of President of the United States. How do you recieve the Nobel Peace Prize, before you have even taken office. Man oh man I will never understand how this happened....


Yes WE DO have a right to keep people out of public places who smoke. My choice is I don't want it around me thank you very much...! Second hand smoke kills over 3000 people a year. I don't want it. I will not have it. They can all just quit smoking and save all of us millions from the cancer they will eventually get... I will fight it always.....

No one is saying that the muslims can not have a nice place to worship. They can build their mosque anywhere else they want in New York City and worship as this country gives them the right to do so. Why do they want to put it at ground zero anyway. I don't trust there intentions. I do like the community hall idea. They makes so much more sense.....

If the city allows this to happen, it will get very ugly, and you can bet some crazy U.S citizens will just burn it down or blow it up. I think this is what they really want us to do, and it will encourage even more hatred and mistrust.

If the folks up there are smart who run the city, they better not let it happen.... Maybe Obama is pushing it because he wants a place to worship when he vistis the big apple, who knows.

Hey..! Has he ever produce his birth certificate yet......?

"Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm...."

I am sorry, but this country was founded on Christian values and principles. Last time I looked, it still said "In God We Trust" on the back of the last dollar bill I had, not "In Muhammad We Trust" I still don't see what they see in this guy Muhummad anyway. He's dead....!

"Jesus is Alive" my friends, and it is "only through him and him alone" that you can make your way to the Father in Heaven...
It is THE ONLY way.......!