Thursday, October 07, 2010

Halloween and Bustin' Some Moves

For Halloween Nicole is going to be Dorothy and Chris is going to be the Lion. Not one to spend a fortune on costumes, both are being borrowed (Ryann was Dorothy last year and the Lion costume, which sparked the Dorothy one, is a hand-me down from cousin Noah).

I was bad about not putting hats on Chris so as a result he's always pulling off whatever I put on his head now. We're practicing keeping the mane on daily and he's gotten to like it... for a while. Whenever I put it on him he "roars" loudly and I shiver with fear which makes him giggle.

Nicole is really getting into the Dorothy role. I'm surprised and impressed because she's only seen the movie twice - once on the way and once on the way home from vacation in JULY. When I ask if she wants to watch it now she adamantly does NOT because the witch is "so scary". But, she remembers a lot about it and is excited about her ruby slippers from Target and frequently asks if Lindsay got the chocolate off the costume so she can practice. We've been singing it for over a year, but in preparation for her upcoming role, Nicole sings "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to me each night before bed. I'll work on getting a video.

-------------

A little clip from our night last night. As it has for the last three years, the Michael Jackson craze continues....

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Chris sure can shake his booty!!

I want to see/hear Nic sing over the rainbow! :)

Mamma Sarah said...

So cute and I'm with Jen...

Nice to see you this weekend! Can't believe we had 5 kids in one place.