Friday, July 02, 2010

Change

Sometimes I have a hard time with change. Things are the way I like them, and often more importantly, the way I remember them and I want it to be that way forever. UD, my alma mater, is one of the biggest things I get antsy about changing. It holds some of my absolute fondest memories and I get nervous at things changing and somehow damaging those memories.

Obviously it, and other things do change without my permission all the time. I'm a reasonable, logical person so I understand that and don't sit and pout [too long].

I was excited though to read an article that UD is expanding its campus to include the former NCR Headquarters. This is the kind of thing that makes me want to donate money (which'll happen next year for the reunion). Putting air condition in the dorms, eh... I didn't have it and they don't need it either. ;)

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

Wittenberg has changed dramatically since I was there!! I agree I want it to be the way it was when I was there!!

Mamma Sarah said...

I would totally agree with you. While UD isn't the school I graduated from, I still am a HUGE supporter of the acquisition of the NCR property and the other surrounding properties also.

LisaMarie said...

UD can have my money when they buy back our house! :P Stupid CHANGE!