Wednesday, February 23, 2011

News in my world

  1. The new job is going great. Thanks to all of you who've asked or wondered. My boss is largely uninvolved in my day-to-day activities which I'm taking as a sign of trust that I'm competent to get it all figured out and done. I'm making friends, mostly with the legal assistants who are consistently here and at their desks when I pass by or take a lunch break. I'd like to see the attorneys more but their schedules are in flux and that's more challenging as they often don't eat in. I L-O-V-E the feel of being downtown. The buzz, the activity, the vibrancy of people and things happening all around me. Jim and I are also carpooling several times a week which is nice.
  2. Chris is talking so much more lately. One thing I'd like to note that he does is say the sound of an item versus it's actual name. For example, he can say "truck". He says it when we read his picture books. But if we see one in real life he'll point and say "vrooommm!" instead. Maybe because that's what he hears when we're by it versus the quiet book? He's still rough as ever at school. Need to work on this but not sure how other than being consistent in our discipline and making him apologize for mean actions.
  3. Nicole's big thing right now is coloring, which Jim and I think she does particularly well, and sounding out words. The multiple sounds of letters stumps her at times (why can't C just be soft ("ka") and not hard ("ss"?).
  4. Jim has been reading a lot lately and has plowed through several books. He's on one now that has historical events noted via newspaper headlines. It looks interesting but not something I care to read.
  5. Looking forward to SPRING!

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I'm so glad the new job is going well!! That's happy news!

I want a picture colored by Nicole!

Chris is soo cute!!

Tell Jim I said hi!

Katrin said...

Sounds fantastic! Congratulations.

LisaMarie said...

I'm glad SOMEONE is happy with their job right now! :)

Max was the same way for a long time with the names of things. Especially animals. He'd see a sheep, could say sheep, but if you asked him what it was he'd say, "Baaa!"