Tuesday, February 01, 2011

New Job!

Yesterday I put in my two week notice at work. I've been at the same company for nine and a half years so my leaving at all is a pretty big deal. The time is right though and I'm excited, not sad, about leaving.

The new role will be a marketing focused one at a law firm downtown. I really liked all of the partners I met and am especially fond of the woman who will be my new manager.

Jim's been super-supportive through the process, which is especially wonderful because he's not happy where he's working so seeing me have an opportunity to move on is probably not very comforting for him right now.

I start on Valentine's Day. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Good luck - great news!

Tom said...

Congrats on the new job!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, sounds like an exciting change!
Dave

Finlands finest said...

I thought Jim was happier now.

I'm excited for you!!

Katrin said...

Wow! Good luck and congratulations!!!

Martha said...

Congratulations!

that seems to be going around. Feb seems to be the month of changing jobs - You, Dale, Alvin...
Alvin also starts his new gig on Feb 14.

Good luck!!