Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Life Updates

Christopher
  • Says "all done", "What's that?", "where", "ma", "da", and "more".
  • Has the sign for milk down and sometimes more
  • Knows where his head and tongue are. This morning we worked on eyes by getting him to blink them.
  • He's in the process of getting cot-trained at school which I think is very ambitious of his teacher Lysa.

Nicole

  • Is picking up quite a bit of Spanish from school
  • Loves to play pretend. We "travel" before bed each night - some times to space, some times to the farm, some times to the beach. Lately she's wanted to pretend that she's going to daycare. She drives and there's always at least one instance of sudden braking and grumbling about "bad drivers".
  • I mentioned she got a kitchen for her birthday. Jen O. got her this cute cutting set where the pieces Velcro together and you use a wooden knife to split them. Nicole uses the knife to slice and then again when she needs to push the cut piece from the cutting board. Funny the little things she picks up from me that I don't even know she notices.

Jim

  • Still trying to switch roles at work. So far it's been a tedious, stressful, unsuccessful process.
  • Is actually reading War and Peace
  • Moved something like 89 wheelbarrows of top soil (1500 scoops of dirt) to fill in our walled-in flowerbeds over the weekend. He's a beast

Karen

  • I read the entire Breaking Dawn book (750 pages) over 5 days while on vacation. I'm now trying to get through the stack of parenting magazines that have been piling up over the last four months.
  • Bought $200 in clothes from JC Penney and for the most part am doing at least a 1:1 replacement for existing stuff (which is all going to Goodwill). This is one of 3 real big shopping trips in the last two years and it was both fun and a bit "maybe I shouldn't be spending so much" at the same time. I think I'm just out of practice shopping.
  • I'm not teaching this fall due to an admin oversight. I'm looking forward to the break already.
  • Been watching Glee (Fox is rerunning) and loving it!

Jim and I are planning a trip to Arizona this fall for our anniversary. Doing some visiting with our friends Chuck and Kristi whom we haven't seen in YEARS.

I broke the camera on vacation (sand) and we had to buy a new one last night. Jim did lots of research and it looks like it'll be fantastic - looking forward to playing with it!

Been having ... interesting... dreams lately.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Love that you give older clothes to Goodwill when you buy something new. Way to go!

Finlands finest said...

Kids are like sponges...they watch and soak up all kinds of things!! I think it is funny!!

You should get new clothes every once in awhile. While I believe your style is very classic, it is nice to throw a trendy now piece on!!

Give Jim a hug for me. I know it has been rough for him!!!

LisaMarie said...

I just wanted to say that I can't wait to see you next weekend. You should try out your new camera then. :)

Viki said...

Everyone needs new clothes once in a while, and I'm sure you got a TON of stuff for your $200. 1:1 ratio is a great idea, and if you have nice things to give to Goodwill, someone else will love it. I was a thrift store diva myself last weekend and had a couple of GREAT finds at Goodwill.