Thursday, August 19, 2010

Exhaling

Things around our household seem to be settling down. It's somewhat ironic that I say this when last night Jim and I both had obligations (him a softball tournament, me a meeting at XU) that had us coming home from the babysitter at 9:30pm.

But, the landscaper finally gave us a quote and the sprinkler redesign will be moving forward - another step closer to the deck/wall project being completed. While Jim's job continues to be stressful for him he's done a wonderful job of keeping that stress out of our family life (which is making it more stressful for him overall ??) lately and has taken some big steps in getting his resume outward ready. He applied to his first other company this week.

Nicole "got into" ballet lessons and they start September 18th from 5-5:45. Will take some finagling at work but we both think it'll be fun for her. Her best friend left the school yesterday (is going to the same school her older sister will attend for first grade) and Cameron brought her a Friends card with her picture, silly bands and Dora stickers. Cameron's parents wrote their phone number inside if we want to get together. I think we will!

Chris is finally cutting two bottom teeth and I hope this signals the end of the whiny funk he's been in for about the last three weeks. He's fully cot-trained at school now but is taking shorter naps since it is longer for him to fall asleep in the first place. Haven't gone so far as to convert his bed at home. It's kind of nice having him confined while he's unsupervised....

It's a goal of mine to do something with our downstairs bathroom and the new time frame is October 19th. This might sound like a lot of time but I haven't decided what I want to do so official planning (not just me mulling things over while I drive) needs to commence in short order. Even though this will be a new project, it'll be a fun one (and frickin' about time, we've only been in the house 3 years!).

I'm very aware of how long my hair is getting. It's fun!

2 comments:

Finlands finest said...

My favorite room in my house is the bamboo bathroom (my spare) and I almost never use it. :)

I hope Jim finds something workwise to make him happy soon!

Ballet will be fun for Nicole. Just think of how cute she will look in a tutu too! :)

Has Chris cut any other teeth?

Viki said...

My hair is getting long, too.

If we end up at your house over Columbus Day weekend, we can all do the bathroom together. :-)