Friday, August 27, 2010

Life in Pictures

Nicole likes to draw and color but I don't need a gazillion pieces of art. I started taking pictures of the notable ones.


Here she's drawing a snail. Not that it really looks like a snail but without being prompted she drew the whole spiral on her own, which I thought was pretty good for a 36 month old.

This is the picture of Ryann that she drew for Ryann. I see the person pretty clearly and though she said that it's a picture of "Ryann in bed" I miss the "bed" portion (red squiggles). I complimented her on the hat (started as just aqua and green part) so she continued to embellish until it got huge.


We are Farm Bureau members and got invited to their night at Stricker's Grove last Thursday. It was actually better than I remembered....




Nicole went to the dentist for the first time Wednesday morning. She did FANTASTIC (no squirming, whining, etc.) as they worked on her teeth. For a reward they gave her TWO prizes out of the toy box. However, the hygienist didn't like what she picked (a rubber frog and a purple ring) so she gave her a bracelet, stickers/pencil set, and extra princess flossers too.




Also on Wednesday we went to the fire station to get Chris's car seat turned around to face forward. While we were there I entertained the kids while Jim chatted with the fireman. Another fireman came out with their search and rescue dog, Aiden, who liked to play frisbee with the kids.


We did a test of Aiden's skills. We hid Nicole under a blanket on the firemen's beds and told her to stay quiet and still. Then we set Aiden off to "search". He sniffed all of us and all around the room. When he got to the lump on the bed he sniffed it and then barked to indicate that he found something. It was very neat!










5 comments:

Laura said...

1) Nicole's art is so great, and good idea on your part to photo them instead of keeping them. (I'm trying to keep them, but we'll see how long that lasts before I weed through them to get it down to manageable size).
2) The firehouse hide and seek is awesome! Makes me want to go see ours, but I'd only be disappointed after reading how cool your firemen were.
3) Chris is almost as big as Nicole!!! He so doesn't look like a baby in the last picture :)

Finlands finest said...

I agree with Laura--Chris is getting big!

Nicole's art is fun! You could always send them to family and friends who will put them on their fridge too. I know I would!

The dog sniff test is awesome!! I bet Nic loved it too!

Mamma Sarah said...

I totally LOVE this post. :-) So cute!!!

Jamie said...

I put some of Ryan's more memorable art in frames - I change them out periodically - but it is kind of a cool way to get "art" in the house that he recognizes. I have designated a place for Ryan's art and have matching frames....turned out kind of cool. Now, I also believe firmly in weeding out and saving the really cool stuff.

Both Nicole and Chris are growing like weeds, I can't believe how big they are, Ryan still refers to Nic as "Baby Nicky". :)

Love the fire house story - that is too cool! Ryan maintains that he will be a fireman when he grows up. I am ok with that, I am interested in seeing how he changes his mind over the years.

Hugs!

Jam

Viki said...

I can't wait to visit you guys - Chris is getting big, and I'm guessing that Nicole probably knows more than I do on several topics.