Sunday, May 02, 2010

Life in these parts....

Things have been very very busy professionally lately so I'm behind in posting some stuff....

Here's the recent kitchen investment we made- granite countertops.



BEFORE










AFTER











yeah, that was like 3 weeks ago now....





We also started the process of building a wall. I decided I wanted to go with natural stone in lieu of concrete blocks which made this project 1) more expensive and 2) more time consuming as each rock needs to be individually placed and leveled. However, Jim (with Jason's initial guidance and sweat) has done a BEAUTIFUL job. He's done with the whole front yard and will be starting on the backyard as early as this weekend perhaps.




You're looking at 8 tons of natural stone!





Work in progress... he's done now but we haven't gotten a picture due to the rain this weekend.



Finally, we had an uninterrupted FAMILY weekend. No plans, no parties, no nothing but us four hanging out. Chris had a cough that left him gagging/gasping for air that had us a bit worried so we took him to the doctor on Saturday. Jim thinks that Chris has been sick his entire life and I understand why he thinks so. Kid's had pink eye, croup, ear infections galore, acute sinus infections, and now, according to the pediatrician, acid reflux. Not sure I totally agree with this diagnosis but don't feel medically intelligent enough to argue. So, he's back on some amoxicillin derivative and now Xantax.



Nicole has been in an especially imaginative mood lately. Dress-up was part of our Saturday night. She told me I was the prince and we danced and twirled in her bedroom. After I'd had my turn being the prince, it was Daddy's turn. The "poofing" part caught me off-guard at first....






Looking forward to a slower-paced week all the way around. My class ends on Thursday, our bowling league is only 1 more session and we had out to NYC mid-month for a much-needed mini-vacation.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wow, I so wish we could have a playdate! Ella and Nic could run in circles chasing each other for hours!

The stone wall looks amazing :)

markjx said...

I'm now going to have nightmares about being chased by Jim. :)

Jen Wendt said...

The kitchen and yard look great!
Hope Chris feels better soon. Love the video of Nicole. Both my kids were on Zantac and grew out of the reflux as they got older, but it did help.

Viki said...

The home improvements are great. I'd say that I wish Trey were good at doing that kind of stuff, but it really doesn't bother me at all that he's not. Makes it even better that we're in a condo...