Wednesday, May 05, 2010

It's Wednesday

Nicole and I are working on new colors - fuchsia, silver (shiny grey), gold (shiny yellow), pearl (shiny white), and turquoise. We do "color hunts" around the house looking for new colors- our kitchen is painted turquoise, the cabinet pulls are silver and the door handles are gold. She doesn't seem to realize we look at the same objects each hunt (or she's pretending not to). Today she correctly and unprompted (!) told me that her cup was fuchsia- hooray! It's sinking in!

Jim expressed to me last night all of his frustrations about work. After he's been so supportive of me on this front I want to fully return the favor to the level he did. I'm trying and hope he knows how encouraging I am/want to be.

I'm sharing my office now at work with my boss. It was my offer to let him move in and functionally/physically it only made logical sense. This is the first time in my entire professional career that I don't have my own office. Know what? For the same reasons that I wanted a roommate in college I really like having a roommate at work. It's working out great.

Chris's biting is getting significantly better- it's so nice to be able to fully enjoy his slobbery kisses without being on-guard for the potential chomp.

3 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I'm not sure what fuchsia is, your daughter is smarter than I am now. ;)

Glad the biting is down.

I cannot imagine that you are not supportive as I think you are one of the most encousaging supportive people I know.

Mamma Sarah said...

Hooray for new colors. :-) Hooray for less biting. I hated that phase and hopefully it will be VERY short lived!

Funny... my boss has also become my "roommate" for the same reasons you listed. We moved (right before my accident) next door to the "house" along with the rest of my team. It's amazing the productivity that now takes place. :-)

Viki said...

I think it's funny that you like having an office roommate - it would drive me crazy. One of the best parts about my situation now is that I have my own office, albeit a small one.