Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hello, world

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JESSICA!!
  • I've lately gotten into wearing long necklaces. I think they're very flattering. I hope I don't get into a rut....
  • The school year is over and I have half of my grades already submitted! HOORAY! With about another hour's worth of effort I'll be totally done. If I could only get the ideas for another new class out of my head I could take a scholastic break!
  • Chris has a new tooth- top left.
  • Mother's Day was very nice - Mom stole Nicole away and made a darling flower pot project for me. Jim made me breakfast, bought me roses, and we all took a trip to the zoo. Dinner at my mom's finished out a wonderful holiday.
  • My niece Ryann has gotten modest about her bathroom activities and told Nicole to "get out of here" when she wanted to go in. Nicole got her feelings hurt by it and after several minutes of sobbing pronounced "Ryann broke my heart". Mom and I tried desperately to not laugh because she was so serious and pathetic. Later on when she was getting buckled into the car Ry asked Mom "what's wrong with Nicole's heart?" and Mom explained that her feelings were hurt. With a dramatic sigh Ryann decided she'd go back in for a hug- an action that made Nicole very happy and Ryann get an appreciative hug from me too. Little kids crack me up.
  • Since Martha's wedding I've been reconnecting via email with an old gradeschool friend, Katie (B) J. It's amazing - she's literally THE SAME PERSON and we've been able to pick back up pretty easily. Her email buddy is Martha and mine is Karen C. We both laughed because when we first started emailing frequently we felt like we were cheating on our electronic significant other.

8 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I like long necklaces too! I think it is a great style!!

That was such a cute story about Ryann braking Nicole's heart then coming back to mend it again. :) Loved it!!

Katharine said...

I apologize in advance. but I just wanted to let you know that Katie BJ made me laugh...which then reminded me of Jen and I laughed more... (hey Jen, how're you) It's a vicious cycle, this mind in the gutter thing.

Finlands finest said...

Why did that remind you of me?!?! Kathy!!! KATHY!! :)

LisaMarie said...

I like long necklaces too. I'm also into loose fitting shirts with cardigans over them.

We had very similar Mother's Days! Kendall made me breakfast, bought me flowers (Max got me a balloon) and we went to the zoo! Ha!

I thought the same thing about the (B)J! LOL!!!!


Still on for the 22nd, right?

Katharine said...

It's all in the "moo nyet" Jen :)

Viki said...

Little kids are hysterical. :-)

Finlands finest said...

LOL Kathy...

Ms. Sarah said...

I just had the best belly laugh at the Nicole and Ryann story. I can just picture her face!