Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Catching Up

I'm working on-site on a big project so blogging hasn't been possible lately. Fortunately my at-home arrival has gone back from 10 on Monday to 6 yesterday and today. :)

Some things have been happening amongst the chaos though....


Big sister Nicole starts the dressing up of her little brother early by trying to turn him into a purple flower.


1) Chris got his first tooth on 11/23/09 which happened to be his 5 month marker. It's his bottom left and i suspect that the bottom right isn't far behind. My suspicians are two fold - 1) his gums are swollen and hard and 2) he's been and continues to blow out of his clothes on a daily basis. These teeth are costing us a fortune in laundry.....

2) Thanksgiving was nice as was my grandparents
60th wedding anniversary party. Lots of family all crammed into one weekend but there was lots to celebrate.


3) Chris rolls but I have only seen it once. I find him on his stomach in bed or when I walk back into the room after stiring the pot but I can rarely catch him doing it. Strangely this doesn't upset me....


4) Chris can hold his own bottle but I've never seen this either. Apparently he's been doing it at daycare for a few weeks and did it for Jim on Monday. I'm always nursing him so this skill doesn't really come into play when I've got him.



5) Nicole and I made some Thanksgiving crafts and gave them to family and her school teachers (who seemed to especially love them). She liked making the hand-printed turkeys so much we made a batch both Monday and Tuesday before the holiday.



6) We started feeding Chris solid food last Friday. Here's how it went:



Since we've been practicing and he's sort of got the hang of it.... he eats a tablespoon of rice cereal each night for dinner. Trick is getting his thumb out of his mouth long enough to get the food in but, I will say, the thumb-sucking does help ensure that the cereal goes down....


Oh, we had our family picture taken too:


8 comments:

Caitlin said...

What a beautiful family!

Laura said...

That is a fabulous family picture!!!

Jenna said...

I love, love, love Chris eating food! EEK!!!

Martha said...

Nic is such a cutie! She's at such a fun age. :D

Finlands finest said...

Your family pic is gorgeous!!

I like how Chris is hitting a lot of milestones! :)

Viki said...

Great pictures! Karen, my SIL, said that Logan didn't like his first solid food experience either. :-)

Sarah said...

LOVE all the pictures!!! Miss you bunches, and want to squeeze you and the kids... what the heck, Jim too!

LisaMarie said...

Love Chris's face with the cereal, love the family picture and I'm stealing that craft idea for next Thanksgiving. :) Glad I came down early yesterday to actually get to see you for a bit before my MONSTER child forced us to go home. As I said, it's a good thing he's cute!