Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I know, I know...

The end of the year has me installing 2 phone systems a week which means late nights and days too full to blog. Makes me sad [too].


Some highlights since the last post which was, not coincidentally also a highlight post.


1) Chris can sit up now. His being able to do it on his own was a gradual process that was mostly me making him sit with his legs in a diamond until finally he could balance and sit straight. Sometimes he still topples but it's mostly from reaching for something and not being able to stay upright at the same time.



2) Christmas music, my favorite of all, is in full swing. I refuse to listen to anything else. I have preset 1 tuned to 98.5 and preset 2 on 99.9. If anything other than a classic that I like comes on I switch to the other station. Nicole likes the I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas song and doesn't understand why I can't play it again like i do Ice Ice Baby.



3) I tried to make cookies with Nicole like Laura did with Ella but my recipe sucked and cut-outs weren't possible without extending Nic's bedtime another half hour which I wasn't willing to do. They taste okay and she did have fun decorating them (and then sneaking the toppings off when I'm "not looking"). I put a big black X over the recipe in the cookbook with a comment to the side expressing that these cookies should never again be made.



4) Mike and Lindsay agreed to be Chris's Godparents. Which we're soooo happy about! he'll be Christened on 1/10/10 and so far it appears there will be a good turnout of both sides of our family.



5) Happy Birthday, Jim! The big 3-3. Jim wanted a hand-made card from Nicole which she colored and had help writing her name on the back. We shared some ice cream once he got home from his exam. I think he did particularly well with gifts this year (a wireless router for us to play Wii with distant friends, shooting range gift pass, under-the-cabinet lights, bullets, a skillet for cooking bacon, etc.). He was very touched with all the Facebook wishes he got too.




6) I sent the "present of the year" as crowned by my father this weekend. I was quite proud of it and hope that the recipient likes it too regardless if it ever gets used. Appreciating the sentiment is enough in this case. :)




7) We're #1 in bowling due to Jen's remarkable 160's game and my bowling 95 pins over average in my series! Now if we can just hang on to our lead through April....

5 comments:

Finlands finest said...

I love "I want a hippo..." too! It is possibly the best song out there. Nic has it right on this one. You may just have to go buy it for her...

Happy Birthday again Jim! :)

Your bowling team is rocking!! WOW!! :)

Martha said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!

I like the "Hippo" song, too, and don't understand why it's not played far more often. I haven't heard it yet this year. :(

LisaMarie said...

I have been checking your blog every day! Just because I don't blog doesn't mean you can't! :)

Love the family picture. Jim doesn't look a day over 31 . :P

Viki said...

Happy birthday Jim! How am I not friends with him on Facebook?

Trey hates the Hippo song, mostly because he used to work somewhere that only played a similar radio station...only that station only had about 20 songs on its playlist. The Hippo song, as well as some similar ones, are on a compilation a coworker has made called "Christmas in Hell." :-)

Mamma Sarah said...

Too cute!!!