Monday, October 05, 2009

Weekend of 10/2/09

Saturday night was my self-thrown 30th birthday party and I had so much fun. We went roller skating at the rink near my house which was a total throw-back to my grade school skating-party days. I heard over and over that my guests were telling their friends of their weekend plans and getting "that's so cool" responses. Made me happy to have at least a fun-sounding party. Here's the website to the pictures: http://karens30thbirthdayparty.shutterfly.com/

On Sunday we won all 4 games of bowling which puts us in second place, I think. Go us!

I'm always curious about "weird news", especially crazy animal actions/proportions/discoveries. Anyway, on CNN today there was a health "most embarrassing" stories section that made me chuckle. They're all female oriented but, since I am a woman, I can appreciate the story.

6 comments:

Laura said...

What a great party!!! Nicole looked like she was doing a great job skating :)

Martha said...

Glad you had fun celebrating your birthday with family and friends

And for the record, the health link had me rolling. Some of them I just want to roll my eyes at the women being idiots - but it still had me laughing at and with them!

Finlands finest said...

Loved the Embaressing stories. LOL

I am sure your party rocked!

Sarah said...

The pictures from your birthday are great, I'm so sad I missed it! My favorite is the one of Jim leaning down talking to Nic. Just adorable!

Tom said...

Happy 30th Karen - sorry we missed the fun but sounds like everyone had a blast! Awesome!

Mamma Sarah said...

We really had a great time and have vowed to go skating more, and every now and then taking the kids with us. ;-)